Speedometer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

Yo my speedometer dosent work and hasnt for like 6 Months, ever since I went to get a tranny fluid change for 90 bucks but then my dad agreed to a new clutch and flywheel without me knowing and then told me I had to pay for that when I had 500 bucks left on payments, making me then owe 1,429, and my parents were trying to stop me from modifying it until I paid it off. Bullshit! anyways, the guy at the shop told me it was my speedometer harness on my tranny. I tried to take it off but it simply wont remove. Bastage! I wanted to see inside of it at least cause I know my headlights stopped working due to dirty connectors. Anyways, does anyone know how to make my speedometer work again? I think its why my check engine light is always on too... or so i HOPE!!!

I got a 95 DX Coupe... Red and MT ... I think its pretty fast but I want a dohc motor.. I like top-end power! imma get GS-R yo, in the spring.. first Carbon fiber hood, black rims, and finally make my audio system work. Does anyone think my stock motor is worth a damn... intake, fuel rail, cam ?? <_< I beat a lot of cars considering i have 102 HP... and 125,000 or so on motor... I beat a 2.2 CL few days ago and HE wanted to race ME... thats ironic I usually try to race others.

I put some Justice Brothers Engine Tune-UP in my car cause sometimes in the morning my car idles all fucked up, my friend suggested the possibility of fucked up valves.. that scared me. Usually I dont like using engine additives since I use mobile 1 synthetic when I change oil, thats good enough on its own. anyone else use that shit? it seemed to help but then again seemed to be sorta bad.. I think I should change oil again soon just to get it out but I problably have like 400 miles on it since oil change...

Wow. What a ramble.... on your speedometer, check your speedo sensor unit. They can go bad. Be very careful as the plug connections are very delicate. Years ago, I had to replace that sensor AND it also turned out that the plug was corroded from getting wet years before that. My mechanics then spliced in a replacement plug from a used harness.

About the rest of your post my head hurts from reading it but buy a Helms. About your check engine light, get the code pulled at an Autozone or someplace and lookup what it means. And you could clean your engine with Honda Top End Cleaner or Sea Foam.

And keep your racing to the proper venues. Don't race on the streets. If you are beating other cars, it could be because they are just not as good driving and shifting as you are.

Back