speeedometer problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cmyzfly

OK guys I am new here. I bought a 1995 Honda Accord. 4 door, 4 cyl, 5 speed transmission and the speedometer usually does not work. Every once in awhile it will work for a few minutes, but then stops. It will jump to a speed and stay then change to another speed. It is not the speed I am going. When I shut the car off the speedometer stays on a speed.The odometer and trip meter works the same. The tach, fuel gauge and the temp gauge works all the time. Does anyone have this problem or does anyone know what the problem and fix is? Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:
If you know someone with the same car try using their gauge cluster. It's probably just a faulty cluster.

Do you have a check engine light?

No check engine light and I don't know anyone with the same car. I thought about buying a cluster, but don't want to waste my time and money if that is not the fix. Thanks

check to see where it goes into the tranny.... cus on my prelude it pops out from time to time......

Nah if the VSS plug was off then he'd have a CEL. It's most likely just a bad cluster if there's no light.

Back