Spend Over $300.00..f*#@* Problem Still There!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

loneranger

thanks guys...for all your input :D

Yesterday..I went to this tunner shop and they checked everything and concluded is the ECU. He said the one I had was for GS-R Vtec:

I don't know if these series numbers make any sense:

CY-ZH 9112A 223 42A
NY1-C D2214 (brand name - OKI)
NSW-B 2403 (brand name - OKI)
420-102343 ABT

Chip

M66207-215 OKI
D Is168 4m16

Could you make out what types of chip/board that is?

After they replaced it with a stock Honda ECU, I drove away for half an hour with AC on then I stopped by BK, turned off the AC, the needle dropped to 500-600rpm...again...the same problem.

And it seemed worse...I could hear the engine going..P..PPPP..PPP....P around 500-600rpm. I give up.

They did not check the IACV because I had never had a CEL light. My last hope would be to replace the clutch. My 92 civil si Vtec has 170k. Could it be the clutch messing up the idle. If it is, can I replaced it with a clutch matching a swap (Intergra Engine) NOW!!!

HELP...HELP... :( :angry: :(

why would your clutch do that? the RPM's go down after you turn off the AC because the engine is using less power. 500-600 RPM is about the normal un-touched RPM that a car idles at. If you want you could adjust your idle on the intake manifold, on the passenger side by the throtle body.

Does anybody live around San Jose,CA, could help me on sloving this? I'll pay and free lunch?

i live in san francisco and don't got shit else to do other than trouble shoot all day if i don't get it right :D

well...to answer lsvtec...look at my post under "idle" I had pretty replaced everything except: IACV, FITV

1992 Honda Civic Si
no Mod..
New Radiator, cap, wires, tune-up (major) battery, flushed...

after swap back my stock ECU ..the idle gets worse...is around 500-600rmp but there is shaking...and PPP...PP..pppp sound coming from the engine...like it's going to die.

Yeah...Gen2Teg....if you dont' mind driving down here with your tools...cuz...I can't handle driving up to frsco..man..with this idling problem at every stop light. I'll show you around my hood...email me...

Back