Spent a little money on the car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Whats goin on guys? It's been a while since I've been really active up in here but I just spent a little time working on the old slo-mobile tonight and I wanted to share.

Basically i got bored of sittin around so i stopped by autozone and pick up some stuff. Grabbed me some car wash soap and spent about two hours washing and scrubbing away. Next time i wont wait so long in teh day to do it, cause it needs waxed pretty badly. But I'm satisfied with getting the brake dust off the rims and the road construction dust off the car.

After I finished that up I grabbed my new plugs and wires and installed them one by one.

Loosened plug number one and eralized i had no padding on my dads off plug socket so Ihad to grab a pair of needle nose to pull them out.

I got #1 out and noticed it was cracked with white shit alll over it... no wonder the idle sometimes stumbles lightly. After pulling them all I found they were all like this. I guess it really was time to get them replaced, I just broked 75k miles a few days ago. Before any of you ask, yes I did use some anti-seize on the threads.

I eventually replaced every plug with the new Bosch Platinum single tips along with some cheapo Denso 7mm wires. Got everything set back up, turned the key and damn... idles quite a bit better. Very nice. Took it for a little spin and noticed it was a lot more smooth on the take off and shifts. If you haven't done it lately I suggest replacing these parts.

See Blanco? I'm not afraid of working on my car, I just never feel like getting around to doing anything on it. Haven't really attempted anything too hard, but my brakes were fun and it was a learning experience. Sometimes that bug just bites me and I gotta get to it. :p

After that I dumped a bottle of fuel system cleaner into the tank. I usually do this once a month or so anyway after a fill up, but I think I forgot to do it in April. oh well.

Anyway, a little update on the mods i have... well... still no exhaust. Turns out that RS*R only got the incorrect one back about two weeks ago. Remembr I'd shipped it back to them in December.

Talk about wonderful customer service. Gotta love driftspeed.com. :dry:

Yeah, I know... I keep meaning to call but all I get is some minor updates with no real promises anyway. I tried being stern but it did nothing anyway. Eventually I'll get it so I can get it, the header, the shifter and a few of the other things installed.

I knew it that was going to be the only thing discussed.

Bosch for 2.99 a piece or NGK for 12.99 a piece. Yeah. Fuck that.

12.99 each? i payed a lot less than that at advance auto parts.

I wasn't about to go to 3 different auto stores to find NGKs, and I've never had a problem with Bosch's plugs.

Ever.

normal NGK's are like 2-3 a peice even from honda. The Iranium or whatever the hype ones are are like 10 a peice but...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
regular ole ngk FTW!

agreed, I ran NGKs in my turbo motor.

I run NGK coppers in my turbo motor (or will** run once I get around to installing them I'm putting it off because I don't know the hell its going to be to change them in the boxer engine) I figure, they're cheap - might have a slight performance advantage and it doesn't hurt to get in the habbit of changing plugs every 12,000mi./year

i'm running Bosch platinums and they suck.. the car feels more sluggish that before i changed them..

Quoted post[/post]]
got emo?

Yes.

emo.jpg

Do you even know what emo is? Or do you think it's a bunch of whiney kids?

Aren't you the one that's acting like a total fucking bitch just because people are posting their opinions?

Go back to your Mustang forums if you're gonna pull this kinda shit.

Who's acting like a bitch? I think it's funny getting a rise out of you, you tend to fly off the handle in political debates, and now you're calling me names like a child.

And you still don't know what emo is, do you? Can't even answer a damn question, can you?

edit: Another thing, Mr BattlePope; I actually don't recall asking for opinions on the spark plugs. they're installed, they're working fine. Considering I pulled bosch plugs out that had been in there for the very least of 37k miles, I don't think I really care about it much at all.

So unless you have some useful input or something worth everyone's time go back to your own little world and quit trying to piss in my pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back