spiked tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Anyone know how to go about making your own spiked tires? Like what screws, etc. and how do you space them out evenly. I remember seeing people with homemade ones ice racing.

First, where do I buy those? Someone suggested using spikes used on track shoes., but I'm having a hard time finding those.

well you can get the ones for shoes at foot locker or the mall somewere or try a truk shop mabe they will have the real ones i know ebay has them

i don't know...you should be able to screw in some golf cleats. just make sure you screw them into the meat of the tire. to see how far down you can go, take a ruler or some thing you can measure with and put it in the deepest groove. from ther up is about the furthest you'll get them in. personally i'd go get a set of cheap studded tires. it would be more effective cause i'd think the cleats would one by one start falling out. that and aren't cleats kinda spendy anyway? i mean for that many?

NC gets ice?

just buy some winter tires dude. michelin x-ice are great in the slippery packed snow/ice

Yes we get ice. Snow, rare, but ice, yea. I believe one of you guys posted a news article of how a few mm of ice during rush hour caused a gridlock in Raleigh last year.

I was looking for a cheap alternative, but if the price is right, I'll get those.

itty bitty patches of ice caused gridlock in dallas like 2 weeks ago. it was horrible i tell you. left an hour and a half earlier than i usually do (meaning i left at 530, supposed to be at work by 8) and i still made it to work at 9. It was bad. Going home wasnt. That only took 45 minutes (usually takes an hour).

Back