Spinoff: How much do you spend on gifts around the holidays?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
Curious to know. We buy for ~20 people around the holidays with gifts ranging from $10 (pictures of our son, framed) to ~$100/gift for something for my son. Unfortunately, that all ads up and I don't enjoy looking at the bottom line, which is riding high at about $1300 total right now (excluding my wife). We do enjoy giving though, as we normally adopt a needy family every year instead of buying gifts for each other (aunt's, uncles, cousins, etc.) Personal contribution to the adopted family is $50/each so it goes to a good cause and hopefully lets some kids smile on Christmas morning.

Close to a $1,200, including the wife and myself since I pay for that too.. lol.

Included in that is $100 shopping spree I do for toys for tots.

I usually end up spending $350-400 every year. No lady friend right now so should be even lower:)

I'll spend around 600 this year without a girlfriend.

I have a brother that needs my financial support, and 3 step siblings that usually get a half gallon of top shelf, dad, step mom, and mom.

$50 per person usually. Parents, grandmother, brother, good friends, and my sisters and there SO/husband. Probably just under $500 when all is said and done.

We try to keep it at 50/person for our folks/siblings/etc. It's a different story for my son. As he gets older the gifts get more expensive. He's been asking for an xbox 360 for like 8 months, so we went ahead and got that and a couple games. My wife picked up a couple of smaller things like legos and whatnot just so he has a few other things to open.

Probably end up spending 1000-1200 total by the time it's all said and done.

around 300...Fiance and I have a $100 limit on each other this year and a couple hundred on family stuff. prior to this year usualy around 600-800

Brother and Sis in law $50.00 each
Mom and Dad 75.00 each
Mother in law/Father in law 75.00 each
Other father in law - we agreed no gifts
Nices and nephews - about 30 total
Wife - 150.00

I have an account that I have a little money transferred to each month that I use for gifts so it doesn't hit the wallet so bad.

Somewhere between the $1,000-$2,000 range when its all said and done.

Depends on the year and on the gifts.

I try to keep my parents under $200/each, my sister $100 and my girlfriend under about $500. Then there's my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. And then there's gifts for coworkers and for clients.

with me and my fiancee combined, we spend around $1000-1200 depending on the year and the particular gifts. we have no kids, but we spend several hundred on each other and then have plenty of family gifts to buy too.

i usually just get everyone a $25 best buy gift card
cousins each get one, aunt and uncle get one to share
i went all in on a pair of 3/4ct diamond studs for the old lady's bday/xmas/vday gift
i know i'm gonna still get stuck buying her something for each, but just a little something to say i was thinking of you
our budget is usually like 100 for each other, but i always triple the limit

note to all you fuckers with gf's/wives
never ever ever get her to agree on rolling holidays together to get her something worth keeping, and then get it for the first holiday
after her bday it was like shit didn't even count, and i still didn't even get some fucking ass from it
fml

$100-110 roughly
- $60-70 on the woman.. iHome, some boots she wants
- $20 on her uncle(name draw).. something Ph. Eagles.. lol
- $10-20 on my nephew.. something SpongeBob
- $5-8 cards for mom, grandma.. tearjerkers

Never paid it much thought. We buy until we're done buying, and then we open until we're done opening.

Last year's Guess: $2500? This year will be less because my last little brother is no longer a kid and we moved away.

note to all you fuckers with gf's/wives
never ever ever get her to agree on rolling holidays together to get her something worth keeping, and then get it for the first holiday
after her bday it was like shit didn't even count, and i still didn't even get some fucking ass from it
fml

Wow, that blows. And no ass? Travesty.

Back