1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

split up the ads again

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by pissedoffsol, Mar 9, 2004.

1. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

welp, due to issues not really pertaining to anything, :) I split up the ads again.

paid campaigns will have the top banner all to themselves again.

and, the google ads are back to the footer.

they tend to get a better "key word" from being "after" the page's content instead of before it.

we need to do something about advertising... we're hurting we have 1 paid campaing right now. :( google ads have dropped off TREMENDOUSLY over the past few months.
    $20/day when the program first started has gone to 20/month. add our 1 ad campaign, and its costing me 20+ a month jsut to keep this place open.

i don't know.

tell your friends to advertise or something. lol and visiting our sponsors, both top and bottom, help :ph34r:

2. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

so all we need to do is click on the links right? or do we actually need to surf around the site for a bit-

3. swanny

swanny Senior Member

Shit back when you had the "click ads" comment on your sig i was making 487847 clicks a day when i was bored, looks like im back 2it.

4. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

Gee B, you shouldn't have to foot the bill for our good times. Set up a link so we can donate to the "cause". Using the internet costs money, I know that first hand. I'd sponsor HS for a month in a heartbeat.

5. complicity

complicity Senior Member

:nod:

6. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

I get too busy to click on your ad links. I have in the past though. Ummm so $20 sent to... ?

7. erebunicrx

erebunicrx my name is Dale

well when you get the stickers and have those shirts made you'll make some money on them. if they ever come out :p :p

8. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

Don't be a skater... $20 is like a tank of gas. No biggie. What a bunch of cheapskates in here. *sigh*

9. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

just clicked 3 ads....

now only if people can come to my site and do the same :p

10. erebunicrx

erebunicrx my name is Dale

nope sorry not me . ill be the first one over his house if he needed money for this site. to me this site is worth more than 20$. shit the stuff i learned in her is worth $20,000 bc i would have had to go to tech school to learn this stuff. if not for this site id be putting a roof scoop in my crx right now :lol:

11. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

that should be on the back of the sweatshirts....... If it wasn't for Hondaswap.com I'd have a roof scoop on my crx.......bwahahahahaaha

12. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

Sending a donation for this site and buying t-shirts and stickers are a separate issue. For the amount of HondaSwap merchandise that might be sold, there's not a lot of profit there. And if they are priced too high, they won't sell. Plus factor in the time it takes to process the orders and ship the stuff out. What is that time worth? And what is my time worth spent on clicking on the ad banners? Also B would be able to sell more ad banners if people on this board actually would buy stuff from these businesses and say that they were from the HondaSwap site. In the long run, empty clicking doesn't amount to anything if the sponsors aren't actually selling from their ad banners.

13. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

I click more links than a child molester on the NAMBLA site.

14. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

its not to the point of donations needed. no way. i'm white =) j/p plus, i'd feel bad doing it, from the profit i've made off the site in the past when the google ads where actually paying $20-30/ day. it was nice getting $600 checks. but, that has gone bye bye...

but a click a day down under by even half the active users of the day will more than support the costs of this site.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted