Spoon Gets Owned

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I just got back from my first time at a Roadcourse (gingerman) and all I can say is "That was fucking great"

My setup did quite well out there. I could slightly improve on my braking, but other then that, I had no complaints. My car was pretty nuetral, however, I did have the back in swing out a few times. On my first session, the course was wet, and I ended up getting sideways pretty bad and got 2 wheels off. Later in my 5th session, I got extremly sideways through an s-curve, and got 4 wheels off and made a huge cloud of dust. Kinda scary but fun none the less. I made Jack (98IntegraLS) a little scared since he was riding shot gun.

Anyways, for the title of this post... Here is what happens to a Spoon Type R when you go onto a racetrack without putting your hood pins on...

s40828ed25a570.jpg

He actually lasted a few laps before it happened, but his hood came up, destroyed his windsheild, dented his roof, and pretty much destroyed the hood.

There were so many cool cars there. The above JDM spoon type R (actually bought it straight from spoon), a ferrari 355f1, Lotus Exige (like a lotus elise), shit load of type R's, and some bad ass HondaChallenge honda's.

EDIT Here are some pictures. Not the best but whatever. These are along the first straight, before turn 1.

s4082e1b155759.jpg

s4082e32a0c363.jpg

s4082e1d4caa4e.jpg

s4082e4365f388.jpg

s4082e25c493f6.jpg

s4082e2c8aae72.jpg

s4082e282d201a.jpg

s4082e2a1cf866.jpg

s4082e3095f38e.jpg

^^^ This is a 1300lb car with a f20C (s2000 engine) in it. Fucking crazy.
s4082e2e94bb05.jpg

yea. I will get some more pics later. My dad sucks at taking pictures, so out of the 120 taken, there are probally 10-15 good ones.

Anyone notice the Lotus Exige in the background of that pic?

I just edited the first post in, and uploaded some pictures. Now that there are some pictures

:moved: to mulitmedia forum

thanks for the first rally excursion at gman :lol:. haha shit happens, at least it was fun. the spoon ITR was bad ass.

i shouldnt have wasted the $60 on the test/tune afterwards. being out in the sun from 10-6 and then tracking is a VERY bad idea. i felt like i was going so fast but i was actually 1-2 seconds slower than usual :(.

eh oh well... ill have my pics up monday or tuesday proly.

Originally posted by 98integrals@Apr 19 2004, 01:07 AM
eh oh well... ill have my pics up monday or tuesday proly.

hopefully you got some good pics that were not on a straight. Looks like I am just drag racing.

Back