Spoon parts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

king_stu

Guys,
can anyone help with an approx' hp gain with a spoon header, spoon filter and ECU on a B16A2 engine?? <_<

only looking at what to expect from it as i have to justify spending the money (company motor needed a new exhaust! :D )

thanks

pills was being sarcastic :)

spoon parts done gain the most,

look up dyno graphs online is your best bet to find the best bang for buck and most power producing parts.

header I always recommend the SMSP/Toda 2.5 collector,

intake always any standard CAI.

sweet, it's just that i can get all the parts fitted by spoon and tuned with there ECU, i'm not to strong on my fueling and timing yet....

so it would be one of the best options if money is good??

typically, most aftermarket headers make about 5-7whp on a stock honda engine, including a B16. the SMSP headers are in a class by themselves because i think they are a little longer, taking up more room in the engine bay. i think with the SMSP you can expect maybe 7-10whp

most aftermarket air intakes make about 2-4whp, unless its a highly restrictive factory intake thats being replaced like the one on the RSX.

i wouldnt really expect more from the spoon parts. maybe an additional 1-3 whp over the norm at the most. as far as tuning with the ECU...now you're talking about significant gains. i think a realistic expectation would be about 5-10% more power by tuning with a programmable ECU on a dyno.

so really it would be worth the outlay of money?? <_<
it's just the spending of the money on the parts when you see that you can get other brands alot cheaper... :(
but spoon is good i hope!
nice one, is there anything else i should think about getting at the same time? like new plug leads or spark plugs??

Cams are worth ever bit of money you throw at them add adjustable cam gears oh baby power, cuz with out your valves staying open longer you really wont get much more air in or out. B)

Originally posted by king_stu@Dec 4 2003, 07:49 AM
so really it would be worth the outlay of money?? <_<
it's just the spending of the money on the parts when you see that you can get other brands alot cheaper... :(
but spoon is good i hope!
nice one, is there anything else i should think about getting at the same time? like new plug leads or spark plugs??

As is stated in the post above me, probably your best bet at first would be cams after the other bolts-ons (I/H/E), but definently don't go with spoon cams if you're looking for gains... It you look at the sticky at the top of this section, you will get a cam guide. From the descriptions on that page, you can decide what you are looking for. As always, when going with bigger cams, you should always make sure you have the compression to support the longer duration and opening, so look into some 11.1:1+ pistons. Just my advice,

Ian

right, this getting more costly as the minutes go by....
the only problem with the cams is the insurance on the car and i can only get spoon fitted (only place around here localy that i can justify to the boss)...

i think then that i will stick to the exhaust, filter and ECU combo....

Back