Spoon?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whats the differnce in a spoon engine and a b16a? i mean i hear about people swapping b16's all the time. but what is a spoon? this might be a dumb question but i juss dont know! :) please dont hate... im new at this honda stuff

All their products make power and are of high quality, Spoon is a great tuner, but I will be honest, they are way way overpriced!!!

Milan

spoon is great, at what they do. They make high HP NA engines for the purpose of endurence (sp??) racing. But that's what there into. So if your buddy tells you he's got a spoon engine with a T-66 turbo, slap him several times!!! :bash:

Besides, we all know SRDET20 engines are much better suited for civics anyway!!!!

:) :D :lol:

spoon B-series engines have: (besides being brand new from the factory)

- 70mm spoon throttle body
- spoon billet aluminum cam gears
- CTR rods
- ITR pistons
- spoon 2-pc. headgasket (to raise compression)
- spoon plug wires (very similar to nology hotwires, but cost about $400)
- spoon oil cap and valve cover
- and a set of these ultra high performance Spoon Sporks! :D
s3eb980051117e.jpg

They also have a few other special things to them like a spoon oil pan, TAD more aggressive cams and a few other things.

Spoon is like a step up from TYPE R. They have OEM quality. They will not be the most aggressive engines but they will last you just as long as a ITR block. You cant say that with many other companies out there.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 13 2003, 01:41 AM
its bullshit. you could build such a better motor for 1/2 the cost

maybe you could, but I couldn't HAHAHA, unless you told me what to do, I could do the work.....just the combo of the right things is what would get me!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

hahahahahahahahahahaha, lmao ":)

Yeah, you could build a better motor for half the price, but they (spoon) built it for you, plus their engineering and R+D goes into endurance racing and their parts are mostly built for midrange use on the powerband. These aren't drag cars that they build or motors. I will agree once again, and this is why I don't buy a lot of their shit, is because in the 1/4 i got for bang for the buck, simple as that.

Milan

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@May 13 2003, 03:00 PM
B could not build an engine . . . it took him 5 months to change his brake light bulb :lol:

LMFAO. That is fucking hiliarious. I remember telling him one day that his taillight was out, he was like yeah it burnt out about 3 months ago.

Back