Sporadic Idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93EGBubble

i have a 93 hatch with a b18a1 with gsr head, forged rods and pistons, with a garret 60 trim that ive been building for the past few months. When i bought the car it was ls vtec n/a and it had the same idle problem it would idle between 1000-1500rpms and it would jump up and down between there basically every second, that motor had a rod kncok and blew in my driveway. so i put a different b18a1 in it witht he gsr head, same setup just with the turbo. now i started the car yesterday and it had the same sporadic idle problem. so i put my ecu in my buddies 92 hatch with an ls, its a p28 chipped ecu and when we cranked his car over his car had the same sporadic idle. now the ecu also did this before it was chipped. is my ecu bad or what? any help is greatly appreciated.

If you tried a new ECU then I'd check for a vacuum leak.

sounds like a vacuum leak or your idle needs to be reset

have you tried cleaning your IACV or checking if the FITV(if you have one) is stuck open

didnt try cleaning the iacv but i did unplug it and had the same problem. and what do you mean by idle needs to be reset?

Back