Sport Bikes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpyOneUSN

im thinkin bout buyin a crotch rocket and i think i got it narrowed down to 2- suzuki gsxr 750 and honda cbr 600rr. ive never owned one before so i really dont need somthin sick like a busa or an r1. the 750 is faster and more comfortable but the honda handles better and revs higher (like 15k) any suggestions?

here's my word. No matter what bike you get, it doesn't really matter. They are all fuckin fast. Just get the one you like the most personally. If comfort is more import to you, get the one thats comfortable. If looks are more important, get the one that looks good. Speed is all relative, they all fly pretty much. Your not going to find a big difference till you get to 900+ ccs

Can I be your beneficiary on your life insurance policy ? I will pay for it...

If you have never owned a bike before, a crotch rocket is a bad idea !!! You can barely see over your shoulder and its alot of bike for a first bike. Ask any bike dealership. Alot of dealerships won't even sell you a crotch rocket for your first bike.

On the other hand, the CBR 600 F4i is a crazy bike. I would half to give it two thumbs up !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The big concern on that bike is how uncomfortable it is. You can buy a Corbin Gel seat that will help out sooo sooo much. But the bike being fuel injected and reving to 15k is just crazy, you forget how uncomfortable you are becuz you are only paying attention to keeping your hands locked tight to the handlebars. Whent that bike gets reving past 7k, the powerband kicks and your like "HOLY SHIT"

My $0.02

aight well heres what i think, i ride bikes, and you dont want to get a bike which will has too much power for you to handel.... i.e. leaning in and out of turns with mad power that you dont know how to use well. , especially since you have never riden before. You wont know how to react in some situations... thats when you will be S.O.L.... i think a yamaha r6 or 600r woulod be perfect for you, they are comfortable, and not too over the top with power.... not to mention they are very good starter bikes..... dont follow the honda-bandwagon.... but yeah... but like liquid meth said, get one that you like.

What ever you get. let us know... l8r

Ride a bike first spend a few months riding someones bike even if it's a dirt bike just see if you like it. I've been riding mini-bikes and 150s since I was 5 and 12 years later I'm finally up to 1000cc's. Even 600s are still big for a 1st time rider. I've seen way too many retards on bikes. Like I said, ride around for a while, talk to more people with bikes, check out a 600, keep the revs down and the bike up. I think the Suzuki GSX-R 600 is the best 600 there is.

dude get a 500 or smaller for your first bike, get something cheap and under powered and keep it for a year and sell it after that, just so you learn to ride and not learn to haul ass on a bike. I hate riding with new riders that get 600+ cc bikes for the first bike, it is important to really learn on a slower bike so that when you upgrade to the larger bike then you do not fuck your self over. And this is not to critisize anyones handling skills or driving skills this because of other people on the road who do not always see motorcyclists.

personaly I like the CBR 900R's,until my freind got toasted...........the FZR's were cool for awhile,until a couple more freinds got toasted........then my buddy Chris thought it was all crotch rockets' fault that all our freinds were walking funny so he bought a V-MAX.................Dead.......................I dont ride anymore,my best freinds in denver still do,still get hurt ALL the time and thats cool but at least be aware that they can be death machines .... I Love Them but cant deal w/the heartbreak they have caused me anymore and hope you never have any of it so my best luck to you and here is my reccomendation...........buy a old ford ranger and a dirt bike that fits you,helmet,pads,boots,neck and back braces[my buddys still race pro and say the braces are the best peice of quip to come in 20 years],go have a blast,learn the basics of riding,get good then look at street bikes.

word up. i appreciate everyones input. yea im well aware of all the dangers of riding and all that. im not gonna go out and pop wheelies my first week on the shit. ive also heard alot of people thay buy a 600 for their first want a 750 a few months later. im not gona buy a new bike cuz thats kinda a waste of money for a first timer. i just want sumthin used in good shape for a good price to ride on the weekend to get used to. im really leanin toward the gsxr 750 but i aint gonna buy one til i get to my next duty station and i wont know that for a couple months so i still got some time to think. thanks again! B)

buy a 50 cc dirt bike.

you WILL dump your bike. i don't know 1 person who's had a bike who hasn't dumped it. its not a matter of if, its when.

always wear a helmet

Yeah, my neighbor who just got a r6, and dumped it 11 days after he bought it and even had it broken in 1000 miles. It was brand new, before he did that, and now he cracked one side of the body and put a few scratches on it and yeah, probably decrease the value by half.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 16 2003, 11:31 PM
buy a 50 cc dirt bike.

you WILL dump your bike. i don't know 1 person who's had a bike who hasn't dumped it. its not a matter of if, its when.

always wear a helmet

That isn't true.. you know me.. and i got the 6R for my b-day like expected and i haven't dumped.. so ha! :p BTW, its being sold to a friend, i dont wanna fuck with it and Dallas traffic.

first bike should be something easy to learn on AKA CBR600 is a no no buy some cheap 500-1000 buck bike check out an older Suzuki GS650 back in the 80s nice bikes and great to learn on

chances are you will drop it I've yet to crash mine but give it time=) I have a 2000 Suzuki Bandit 600 it was weird for the first week now I want more but if I started out on a R6 or F4 I think I would have had MANY close calls if not worse

its not worth spending 6Gs on something you will just trash in a week or two

Having a high reving bike is not always that great its just like having a high reving civic its fun till you start breaking shit the higher you rev the higher your chances are of breaking stuff

would you rather have a bike that makes peek power say 97hp at 13Krpm or a bike that puts out 97hp at 9Krpm?

the Bandit is such a great bike for an all around bike I've put 2000+ miles on it in just a few weeks and have yet to have any neck/back pain its GREAT!

do I want more power yes then again they make a 1200 that is SICK fast if tuned right hmmmm

I still say unless your use to riding bikes around "I had many years of dirk biking" don't jump into anything or you will be dead or missing a few limbs

and the best info for last WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!!!!! I don't care if its a 5 min trip I wear leather boots jeans "been waiting a few weeks for my riding pants!" riding gloves full leather jacket or padding riding jacket" and a nice helmet

most people I talk to that have road bikes for awhile say to buy your gear before the bike since IT WILL cost you 600 or so bucks ATLEST! 150-200 for a cheaper helmet 300-400 for a nice one 100-200 for a riding jacket "padded" 300+ for leather riding jacket with pads" 100-250 for pants 30-40 bucks for gloves and 100-250 for boots

a minor wreck at 20mph with gear is bad with out gear is REALLY BAD sliding on the road at 20MPH with tennis shoes is enough to sand off toes as with elbows and knees

have fun riding! its a blast I love it to death! I plan to crash sooner or later and I dress everytime I ride for it

Dress to crash not to ride!

p.s everyday I get to work with my backpack and changed out of jeans into shorts and my work stuff then at the end of the day I change back again every time I ride... its a pain but with out it you would be nothing more then just another dumb ass riding a bike waiting to die

P.S B I've yet to drop mine! but yes in only a matter time...=)

s3ee3c713dbbb5.jpg

s3eb48bb0d1f6d.jpg

Codee- maybe not YET :) but i assure you, at some point, you will drop it.... be it doing something stupid, or going to park, and simply falling over with it :lol:

Back