Sport riding techniques.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Found this on another forum, and it is absolutely jam packed with good information about riding. Pretty good sized book, two separate files to download, but it is absolutely worth it. Teaches you about braking, cornering, lean angles, peg loading, counter steering, proper posture, etc.. I learned alot of things that I didn't know and have already started to implement them into my rides, made a world of difference, and I've been riding bikes for several years now.

Sport Riding Techniques - Windows Live SkyDrive

This link currently works, but if it ever goes dead, PM me your email addy and I'll email you a copy.

enjoy!

Last edited:
A book is cool, but I would strongly advise anyone who wants to learn to ride fast safely - take a professional racing course. There's no better investment than taking a race course taught by racing professionals at a closed track, with run-off areas and ambulance at hand. The one I took here in Canada was R.A.C.E. (Shannonville and Sanair tracks) but there are plenty of good schools out there.

Good stuff in here. I'm still trying to comprehend how body leans affect lean angles at speed, but I'm sure I'll get it next time I'm out.

I've got a few things to practice now.

I love information like this.

There's a class offered around here at a professional course my buddy with an R1 took, he's been riding for a few years but just took the course this summer, said it made a world of difference.

I don't know how I missed this, but thanks. Some good reading from what I looked at so far.

motard is the only way to ride :D

good link though.

My friend had a Suzuki 400SM and it was pretty fun to ride, Ive rode a dirt bike for almost 14 years so getting on that I felt really comfortable on it. Ive been thinking about making my bike into a super moto machine.

Wiring lights up and getting it registered are no problem, its just finding a set of wheels and tires that arent an arm and a leg is the only thing keeping me from doing it.

Back