1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spray painting a hood

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by Periculum, May 5, 2006.

1. Periculum

Periculum Senior Member

I was just wondering if spray painting a body part would make a future "real" paint job look any worse? I have about three different colors on my rex and I dont want to officially paint it until I get all the dents and such out, but I would like to have it fewer than three colors. I figure I could sand it real hard when it comes time to paint, but Id like to know from someone who knows for sure. THX

2. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

Sand it, strip it chemically, prime it again, these all work.... paint is not permanent so I say go for it.

3. kyleirwin

kyleirwin Retired OG

fuck chemical strippers.

you'll be fine though. when it comes time to paint again, just sand through the layer of spray-paint you previously put on.

4. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

NO

scuff the hood with 600 then spay with colourd primer (you can tint primer to any colour you choose)
    If you clean it well and do good prep before, their will be no need to sand it all off before a repaint

5. Periculum

Periculum Senior Member

K, thanks. thats what i was thinking. was to go ahead and spraypaint it then just sand and prime before the next paint job.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted