spray painting a hood

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

I was just wondering if spray painting a body part would make a future "real" paint job look any worse? I have about three different colors on my rex and I dont want to officially paint it until I get all the dents and such out, but I would like to have it fewer than three colors. I figure I could sand it real hard when it comes time to paint, but Id like to know from someone who knows for sure. THX

fuck chemical strippers.

you'll be fine though. when it comes time to paint again, just sand through the layer of spray-paint you previously put on.

Quoted post[/post]]
you can use paint thinners, but i would use a paint stripper and a flat clearcoat... i am a victim also :cry: 5 years ago though

Quoted post[/post]]
Sand it, strip it chemically, prime it again, these all work.... paint is not permanent so I say go for it.

NO

scuff the hood with 600 then spay with colourd primer (you can tint primer to any colour you choose)
If you clean it well and do good prep before, their will be no need to sand it all off before a repaint

K, thanks. thats what i was thinking. was to go ahead and spraypaint it then just sand and prime before the next paint job.

Back