sprayin on a gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tegman88

I was just wondering if i was to want to spray about a hundred shot on a gsr what would be the best bottom end setup the reason i ask is because i was going to do a na ls vtec but i got a gsr for a still so im going to put the ls vtec on hold and maybe boost it later i just want be able to keep up with an all motor setup im going to order all the valvetrain and my cams here in the next coulple days i just need to know about my bottom

im not very punctual but if you would give me some help instead of an english class it would help

I was just wondering if i was to want to spray about a hundred shot on a gsr what would be the best bottom end setup the reason i ask is because i was going to do a na ls vtec but i got a gsr for a still so im going to put the ls vtec on hold and maybe boost it later i just want be able to keep up with an all motor setup im going to order all the valvetrain and my cams here in the next coulple days i just need to know about my bottom
if you don't know about your bottom.... how the hell would anybody here? If you shave it we have a memeber here who would love to check it out for you.

no what im asking is what internals would be best, what compression ratio i just need to know the cheapest way to be able to spray and not blow it in a month ive sprayed on stock motors
and i made a mess with all of them so i figure if i build the bottom end a little i keep this one a little longer

It all depends on what shape the internals are in, and how many miles are on em. If everything is in good running order, you can get away with that 100 shot just fine. If it smokes and knocks at all, I wouldnt put any spray to it. And, as always, tunning is key!

im planing on getting a good tune im just wondering what would be the best way to go as far as pistons im goin to replace the bearings and rings regardless i hate having to pull a motor as soon as i put it in i just needs some opinions on some good low price pistons that will hold spray decently

Well then, it sounds like you want more than a 125 shot. In that case you want forged pistons and rods, which you prally knew. CP pistons are a good choice, but you'll be alright with any name brand. Same goes with rods, a cost effective set would be Tuner Toys, but not many ppl run em. I'm goin with Eagle myself.

but wouldnt my stock rods be fine with just a little spray a gsr is balanced good enough to retain stock rods isnt it

anything other than oem will break. if you don't want it to break, don't spray or build it.

a rare 75 shot will be ok. if you want 100-200, you need a new block. 8.5:1 comp.

just give it fuel. stock motor will take a 100 shot, provided it has enough fuel to burn with it.

if it comes with a NMU, up your injectors one size or so to keep it on the richer side.
ie, go from 240cc to 270/310cc

yes you can spray 100hp on stock i nternals for a long time just have to make sure that the mixture is right. If you have blown up mutiple motors on nitrous allready o would invest in a good install from a well known shop. As you must not know what you are doing.

Also you are correct Nitrous works verry well with high compression. 12-14:1 but you better be runing more than pump gas

Back