Spraying question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cheese9988

VIP
Heres a dumb question, it takes I think a little more then 1/2 hour to spray my car (crx), about the lenth of a cd which I usually have playing. Now if I am done spraying the last peice, can I go right ahead and spray the first peice I started with over again? It would have been 1/2 hour since I started and the flash time is 10-15 mins anyway?

everytime i sprayed a car i always let the WHOLE car sit for the intended flash time and then started over again. btw what are you spraying I have always sprayed ppg omniline then again cheaper paints such as martin senior i think you can go ahead and do that but i have always had good results lteing the car sit for the flash time. :thumbsup:

I finished spraying the basecoat, I am going to do the clearcoat tomorrow morning. Its a m.s. paint from napa, Chrysler Prowler black is the color. Actually I was almost thinking about leaving it flat black the way it is now but since I bought the clear coat I decided against it. Ya thats what I had thought, just leave the car sit, but just wanted to be sure before I went ahead and tried something else.

Originally posted by rushcrx@Jul 12 2004, 10:44 AM
everytime i sprayed a car i always let the WHOLE car sit for the intended flash time and then started over again. btw what are you spraying I have always sprayed ppg omniline then again cheaper paints such as martin senior i think you can go ahead and do that but i have always had good results lteing the car sit for the flash time. :thumbsup:

Martin senour is NOT a cheaper paint than ppg. It is simpy a different line of paint put out by a different paint manufacturer, you can buy martin senoir paints that are just as expensive and just as good of quality of not better than ppg. the every paint manufacturer has different lines of paint that they sell some being cheaper than others for certain and different purposes. I seriously wish that those of you who do not have ALOT of knowlegde in autobody and refinishing would not try to answer questions with answers that are not completely factual. I will be writing an article on some paint how to's in the near future to hopefully help people to doing things correctly on their DIY paintjobs. Otherwise to answer your question by the time you get completely aroundthe car you can certainly start on the second coat where u started the first one right away. because it will have had plenty of flash time and as will where u finished by the time you get back around to it.

:werd:

And to comment on your idea of flat black, since others may want to try this: Base coat has no enamel, or toughness to it at all. All of the strength comes from the clearcoat shot over top. If you want a "flat" look, finish the paintjob, then completely wetsand it to whatever finish you like.

<<<<<Not a fan of flat black paintjobs.

Back