Spring Installation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

I would like to know if i need a spring compressor to install lowering springs on my 97 civic ex coupe, or could i just lower the A arm and pop the spring out?
any information would be apreciated
thanks

so yes what? do i need a spring compressor? b/c i installed lowering springs on a 2000 s10 extreme w/ a friend and we did not need a compressor

how hard is it to install springs? and im not exactly sure how to use the compressor but im sure i can figure it out.

Easy. Just take it all apart, then put it back together the way it came apart. :)

The spring compressor is usually just a set of clamps on a threaded rod- you clamp the spring coils on each side and then tighten the compressor down as far as you can with a wrench. You'll see when you get it from the store.

so it isnt too difficult to put springs on a 97 civic? if its not i'd love to be able to save $85, then put that money away to save for bigger and better things for the civic

Well, it took me all of one hour to install a full set of coilovers on a 98 Civic, and only an hour to replace the shocks in my girlfriend's 88 Civic- it shouldn't take you more than 2-3 hours if you've never done it before. Just be patient and don't force anything.

i have never done this before on a civic, however i have done a spring installation w/ my friend on his 00 s10 extreme, does anyone know of any directions of how to install? would it be in a manual like helms? b/c i have one of those

If you have one, look through it. It's in there somewhere. It won't tell you all the tools you need and methods on how to do everything, but it will tell you what needs to come apart.

alright, thanks, i think that i have all the tools needed except for the spring compressor, anything else i need to know?

Back