Spring rates for Auto-x

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RoughKnight

Christmas Car
I'm looking for a set of coils, and getting mixed reviews. People all agree 3kg in the rear is good, but I'm stuck between 7 and 9kg, nobody can make up their mind. Any thoughts on the subject?

Sent from my iPhone using awesomeness

Why so stiff? I thought 3 was way more than enough in the rear! I'm still gonna dd it, people say stiffer and I won't want to drive it

Do you want to understeer more than you already do in your front wheel drive car? If you do then go with a 10k 8k setup. Do you want rotation? Yes you do so reverse those rates in my opinion.

Im running 500f/800r and will be switching to 800f/1100r

^ that makes sence, but I always need a full explanation just to make myself content with the choice. Is it because the rear will end up being more stiff, cause the end to swing (rotate), and the less spring rate in the front will cause the suspension to load quicker? Is that the methodology behind it? And adding thinker sway bars to the picture will make it flatter through the bends?

to a point, you need to find what works for you.

if you go over board you could end up with a very twitchy car but with my current setup Im still needing more rear rotation which is why im changing rates. I also need a bigger sway bar in the rear. auto x is a different animal with constant transitions but you can play with different rates front to rear just by switching them back and forth or by buying a couple sets to try out.

Back