springs/coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adoboNkanin

just ordered a set of 15inch wheels wrapped in 195/50 tires.
i expect my car to look 4x4ish at stock height.
i want to lower my car 1.7-2inches so i was thinking of putting eibach sportlines on my stock struts because i dont plan to autox or race. this car is my daily so i dont need a fancy full coilover setup. i just want to get rid of the 4x4 look..and no i will not cut my springs, i just want to avoid shelling out 800$ on teins when all im doing is driving to school and home. what do you guys suggest?

Just get some Kyb struts and tokico blues then. Putting those springs on your stock struts will cause the struts to wear out fast. The stock struts weren't meant for aftermarket springs.

I second that. I put some tein tech-s springs on my stock dampers and the rear passenger one blew after just sitting in my garage for a while. Didn't even get drivin yet.

So those eibachs are an acceptable choice, just choose some dampers too. Chaz is probably right on the blues; best value, basicly the literal cheapest tho too.

What YBLEGAL said, if you're set on those Eibach's go ahead and get them, but get some dampers as well. What exactly is your budget?

Deffinatly good choice with Illuminas. Though, they may be more featureful than what your looking for. Those have adjustable firmness. Aside from that, there is no difference to the Blues.

fyi

um, yes there is a difference.. the HP's (aka blues) are a factory replacement and are meant for a drop no bigger than 1" .. drop them close to 2" and they wont last very long.. and i believe the Illuminas are warrantied for a 2.5in? drop

meh..

they can all have fun w/ blown shocks eventually..

yeah i was originally going to get the blues but i read all over the place and heard they are just like stock replacements and that illuminas were meant more for handling a bigger drop. thanks for the input guys.

$350 isn't really a pretty penny anyways...

Back