Springs vs. coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95tegls

They seem that they serve the same purpose, but what is the true difference between the two? Also, I'm thinking about getting comptech springs for my 95 integra ls, any thoughts on the comptechs? Good, Bad, Ugly? I'll be matching them with illumina shocks/struts and 17" wheels.

Thanks

lowering springs = fixed height
adjustable coilovers = adjustable height

lowering springs = very hard to corner balance
adjustable coilovers = easy to corner balance

lowering springs = non-"tunable"
adjustable coilovers = "tunable"

what you plan to do with the car will determine the best choice for you

coilovers would be less comfortable for daily driven car.

I want to keep a smooth ride cuz it is my daily driver. I just want to drop about an inch to 1.25" max to bridge the gap the 17's made when I put them on. I also son't want to spend a whole lot of money on em'. What should I do for a balnced ride and look?

get lowering springs
adjustable coilovers will be a waste of money for you (your not going to use them the way they are intended)

get the skunk2 coilover kit....they slide over the shock and you can adjust to what ever height you want and they are perfect if you want a comfortable ride and they have good handling characteristics...just dont get the knock offs of the skunk2's the spring will be to soft and you'll get a bouncie ride(not good)... just a input..

How much will the skunk2's lower the car? I was looking at getting the comptech springs, Any thoughts?

the skunk2's can give you a drop of 0-3 inches takes 20 minutes to adjust all the springs once installed.....i would def. say get the skunk2's because if you buy springs you may not be happy with the ride height and you may cut them and if you dont like that too bad your stuck that way...The skunk2 coilover kit you can play around a bit and get to exactly the way you want and they dont cost that much $299 with shipping at INLINEFOUR.com ..just remember with springs and all parts "you buy ghetto, you get ghetto" so dont get the cheaper springs

skunk2s wont give the smooth ride your looking for tho.... the ground controls are alittle better for smooth driving. The cost like 10-20 bucks more then skunks tho.

anyone suggest a good brand of springs om thinkin TEIN or Eibach i just want to lower my ride to about a inch not too much i would hate to hert the poor cars stomach

Tein
JIC
Buddy Club
Blitz
Ohlin

All this are good, adjustable, have different "stages" of both rates, hieghts, and cost. Use the box in front of you to do some research.

what about pricing this also a factor that i look for when shopping i mean i dont shit money out of my ass if i did i would be filthy rich lol

The Skunk2 coilovers ride like shit for a daily driver and hurt your ass on long trips. They suck for a daily driver. Trust me.

Tanabe has good, affordable drop springs. The DressUp form and Grip form and great and can usually be found for between $180-$210.

Back