Spyware sucks and now my pc is messed up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jeef

NO MA'AM
VIP
I got some spyware the other night and it has been fucking with my pc. It has changed my home page to about.blank which I can not change. I get a shit load of pop-ups with ads for spyware removal programs. I also get pop-ups while surfing which I never got before. If I change it it goes right back to about.blank when I restart I.E. It is also causing a lot of my programs to freeze up. It is fucking with my internet connection and the dsl software. I have tried using Norton Antivirus with no luck in fixing it. This is messing with my SPybot seek and destroy also, it keeps unimmunizing my blocked items and it won't let me deleted all of the spyware it finds. My ad-aware is finding about 40 objects each time I use it. I usually only have about 5-7. Everytime I open I.E. I get all 40 objects back. ALso ad-aware will sometimes freeze up. I had to reinstall ad-aware and aim because they weren't working right. I really do not want to reformat. What can I do to fix this? This shit is really pissing me off.

Hiya Mate,

You need to get Spyware-Doctor 3, I had the exact same the other day and this is the only software I could find that sorted it.

Seems to be quite alot of this crap about at the moment.

I have the Software if you get stuck and have a large mailbox, Also have relevant bits to unlock to full version.

Email me if you need to mate.

Regards

Chris

I'll give that a try.

I'll let you know how its goes.

Its seems to be coming from coolwebsearch

Why oh why do people still use IE.

For the 50,000th time... Firefox. Use it.

oh i got messed up by that same thing before. i was never able to fix it so i just backed up all the files i wanted to keep and reformatted the HD/windows reinstall. Had that problem when i used IE also(it was when B starting ranting about mozilla, but i kept both but used IE more often then mozilla...in the end, lesson learned.)

you can do three things:

1. Add spyware software
2. ctrl+alt+delete and turn off the spyware program
3. You have to take everything off the p.c. again and just recover to original specs and reinstall everything which is what I just do... sucks but you get a fast computer again LOL

Or, on Start Menu/Run... type in MSCONFIG and turn off the programs you desire to make it faster... sometimes they will continue to start, which sucks...

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@Jan 23 2005, 10:03 AM
adaware + spybot + zone alarm = happy jeff :D
[post=450040]Quoted post[/post]​

edit: adaware + spybot + zone alarm + firefox = happy jeff :D

Firefox is your friend

gallery_31019_185_1106512759.jpg

Spybot keeps freezing, ad-aware will not work all the time, and I do have zone alarm. I tried the spyware doctor and it didn't fix the problem. I guess I am going to have to reformat. Anyone have a copy of windows they can loan me? :ph34r:

Originally posted by Jeef@Jan 23 2005, 07:51 PM
Spybot keeps freezing, ad-aware will not work all the time, and I do have zone alarm.  I tried the spyware doctor and it didn't fix the problem.  I guess I am going to have to reformat.  Anyone have a copy of windows they can loan me?  :ph34r:
[post=450271]Quoted post[/post]​

Slackware

Don't go back to a broken OS. If you have to, give Linux a try anyway. Check out Knoppix .

:withstupid:

left windows about 6 months ago and couldnt be happier :)

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jan 25 2005, 09:33 AM
E what flavor are you using ??
I got a copy of Linspire I was gonna try out.
[post=451049]Quoted post[/post]​

Linspire is a good place to start. Fedora is another good one.

I'm a Slack junkie. It requires more 'experience' to use, but the tradeoff in power and flexability are well worth it.

I was gonna put Fedora on a little partition just for messin' with but I never got around to it...

Originally posted by Jeef@Jan 23 2005, 12:01 PM
I'll give that a try.

I'll let you know how its goes.

Its seems to be coming from coolwebsearch
[post=450017]Quoted post[/post]​

CoolWebSearch is a royal pain in the ass. I had to remove it from a clients computer the other day but I used Adaware and it worked fine. It wouldnt get rid of it until I downloaded the updated definitions. There is an application called CWShredder, which stands for CoolWebSearch Shredder. It is free for download and here is the site: CWShredder

All you have to do is open the .exe and click Fix. Also, uncheck the Move CWS files to recycle bin before deleting. That way it will just delete it alltogether. There are so many variants of CWS, but I believe that Shredder gets rid of most of them.

Hope this gets rid of it for you. ;)

I've always stuck to If you're going to do a job right do it yourself.

Check out http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html
bazooka spyware scanner, it will tell you exactly what spyware it has detected and give you instructions for removal. it involves editing the windows registry so if you're not familiar with it or don't feel comfortable doing it then this tool isn't for you

also look for LSPfixand hijackthis, they are both great tools.

As far as running linux or bsd, I've installed and checked out the following
Suse9.1 , fedora core 2, yoper, gentoo, ignalium, freebsd, openbsd
and I haven't found one that I care for 100%

Yoper was cool and so was Suse, but I wasn't 100% impressed

i just downloaded all the iso images for fedore core 3 tonight. i am planning on installing it thursday. anyone run a dual boot system? XP and a linux OS??

I have 2 torjan horses and 5 trojan horse downloaders, how do I get rid of these?

Back