spyware warnings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

Ok, I keep getting pop up windows that say "we have detected spyware on your computer, click here to get software to delete the spyware"

I haven't done that because I'm pretty sure that if I download that software I will then get spyware

so I'm wondering if any of you know of a good program for detecting spyware and deleting it

thanks

Sean

Lots of people like AdAware from Lavasoft, but I prefer Spybot Search and Destroy. Spybot has been updating more frequently than AdAware lately, but I'd actually use both. Spybot finds things AdAware dosen't, and AdAware finds things Spybot dosen't.

Originally posted by DarkHand@Nov 6 2003, 12:31 PM
Lots of people like AdAware from Lavasoft, but I prefer Spybot Search and Destroy. Spybot has been updating more frequently than AdAware lately, but I'd actually use both. Spybot finds things AdAware dosen't, and AdAware finds things Spybot dosen't.

are those free downloads?

I use em both then use system mechanic to get the crap they miss out of the registry but mechanic isnt free

also if you are getting an ad- its just that- an ad. they want you to think you are in fucted and download their shit

Back