squealing noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
hey the car is a 95 automatic integra LS, my daily driver. when im driving if i turn the wheel to the right, i hear a squealing noise, almost just like a brake squeal. the slower im going, the more i have to turn the wheel to hear the noise. so like at 70 on the highway, i can just swerve a bit within my own lane and it will squeal like crazy, but if im going like 30 i have to take a sharper turn to hear the noise. noise sounds like its comming from the right rear but its hard to tell if its the front or rear. any ideas? this is real strange...

and heres the kicker, when i apply the brakes while i have the wheel turned (when im hearing the noise) the noise goes away. only reason i dont think its the brakes is because it only happens when turning right, and i dont hear it while on the brakes.... sorry i didnt mention that

I still think one of your pads could be a little askew. When you brake, it alligns itself, so you don't hear it, but when you let off the brakes, it rubs just a little. ?? I would try removing your wheels and looking at your brakes, just so you can be sure that, that isn't the problem. It can't hurt to check :D

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jun 7 2004, 09:50 AM
could also be something with your power steering pump/rack.

not if its comming from the rear lol. but im not positive yet

Back