SQUEEEEEEK! Help please!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
Got a 90 ef si. My question is could you buy a ef si manual tranny with power steering back in the day? I know you could buy an auto tranny si with power steering. So my car used to be a auto tranny with power steering. I swapped out the auto for a manual and all went pretty well except for a HUGE tourque steer. When you put your foot down it heaves to the right then when you let off it dives to the left. I didn't touch the motor, its stock. It is a bit of a chore to drive and somewhat dangerous. Second when you turn left or right it squeeks pretty loud from the driver side front tire somewhere. It just started about two months ago. I think it might be the shock, I don't know if its related to steering or bumps in the road.Thanks

Last edited:
off the topic but are these honda wheels?

Attachments

• YYJ6271886_1.jpg
    YYJ6271886_1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 163
the wheels look to be fat fives from an integra...and as for the torque stear question..i have no idea..maybe bad wheel bearing in left front??

have you checked to make sure you tires are still balanced, A bent rim can also cause problems like that. Also whens the last time you got an aliment?

as far as your squeak goes if you think its the shock spray some wd-40 on it and see it the sound disappears, if it does that your problem

dopy me, when i did the tranny swap i didn't put in 1 of the 2 bolts for the control arm where it connects to the lca. i'm lucky it didn't break. i have spare cars for parts. i went over everything and tourqued down everything on both sides. i took it for a drive and it is 100% better. the squeeking must have been from the control arm pivoting on the lca also doing the tourque steer. the front end and rear end have been apart from the tranny swap and integra rear discs, so ya i need a allignment. anyway thanks alot!

dopy me, when i did the tranny swap i didn't put in 1 of the 2 bolts for the control arm where it connects to the lca. i'm lucky it didn't break.

yeeeeeeah. plz don't ever work on anyone else's car but yours, ok? :D

glad you got that sorted out.... :unsure:

I'm usually good with remembering things like that, but i'll keep that in mind.;)

yeah those are definitly del sol fat fives, i used to have em. i mean, any alloy rims that aren't bent and with no curbage are worth 100 bucks. just strip that paint off em and i think you'll be alright

Back