1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

squeeky sound

Discussion in 'Accord' started by roman_pushkin, Jan 29, 2008.

1. roman_pushkin

roman_pushkin New Member

i have 90 accord ex with 193k miles and i just made a oil change and it started squeeking bad in the belt area, first i thought it was the power steering but after taking of the belt it got a little worse, and i have no clue what it could be, any hints? It was getting bad so i took a hose and sprayed water on the belts thinking that some oil have gotten on the belts but as soon as it dried of it started making the noise again! Whats wrong??/

2. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

wowww. water's gonna help them dryrot quicker. put some oil back on them! like some STP Belt Dressing. or a new belt

belt tension causes it to squeek. retension it. maybe too tight, or too loose

3. roman_pushkin

roman_pushkin New Member

i figured it out after i have replaced the old belts and it kept on making the noise i looked around and found out that the crankshaft pulley has seperated into two piecies and thats what made it sqeek the pulley in the other one kept on spinning

4. aCCordHSF

aCCordHSF New Member

same thing happened to me th crankshaft pulleys outer layer came off and it was spinning out of control but not like you i didn't figure out this until my belts were ripping layer by layer.....lol...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted