Squeezing 250whp from my H22A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGcivicArmyGuy

Modding my ride from Iraq
I'm soon to be swapping an H22A into my '92 Civic Sedan. My goal is to eventually sqeeze about 250whp out of it, but I'm still kinda new to the import tuning world. Atleast the motor aspect of it. I'm not even going to throw out some of the ideas I had because I will probably look like even more of a "noob". I would love to get some suggestions though and what I should do to acheive this goal. Oh, and I should let you know that I want to keep it naturally aspirated....for now. As far as suggestions go, it would be nice to get some specifics and combinations like cams and cam gears or the whole kit. If there's a certain brand of pistons that I should go with. Stuff like that. Thanks for all your guys' time and I will be looking forward to hearing from you all soon. I'm sorry if I don't reply very swiftly. I'm deployed to Iraq with the US Army right now and out internet is very limited. Thanks again!

I'm soon to be swapping an H22A into my '92 Civic Sedan. My goal is to eventually sqeeze about 250whp out of it, but I'm still kinda new to the import tuning world. Atleast the motor aspect of it. I'm not even going to throw out some of the ideas I had because I will probably look like even more of a "noob". I would love to get some suggestions though and what I should do to acheive this goal. Oh, and I should let you know that I want to keep it naturally aspirated....for now. As far as suggestions go, it would be nice to get some specifics and combinations like cams and cam gears or the whole kit. If there's a certain brand of pistons that I should go with. Stuff like that. Thanks for all your guys' time and I will be looking forward to hearing from you all soon. I'm sorry if I don't reply very swiftly. I'm deployed to Iraq with the US Army right now and out internet is very limited. Thanks again!

Is there some reason that you're against forced induction? I think it's going to be hard to squeeze 250 wheel horses out of an H22 with just cams and a piston upgrade. Oh, and the whole "I'll build it up N/A for now" concept really isn't that good of an idea. If you do plan to boost in the future, then you build up the engine differently then you would on an N/A setup.

And is there some reason you're stuck on the H22? You could probably do a boosted LS for significantly less money then an N/A-built H22 swap into a Civic...

i think it would take a lot of money and an incredible tuning job to make the hp... and from what i hear, engines with that kind of horsepower aren't generally that reliable, if this is going to be your dd.

just my oppinion based on some of the stuffed i've read and learned so far.

nothing wrong with an Ls swap except an H22 will have more torque than an Ls will ever have. u have the torque throw on a turbo w/ an intercooler low compression and u will hands down puch over 250whp. oh yeah theres also something called a boost controller which controls ur amount of boost u push if its ur daily turn the booost down to 2lbs instead of 10lbs or whatever u wanna run.

Boost doesn't kill engines, drivers and builders do. As long as every spec has been checked/block properly rebuilt and tuned, you should be fine. Also, if you're flooring it and revving high wherever you go, that will wear a motor down.

Back