SR20DET 1500s? 56k will die.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seems like you'd want the fuel cell in the rear, since it's rear wheel drive and all....that car weighs nothing to begin with, and other than the rear axle and shit, theres gonna be zero weight in the rear....

:worthy: Thats gonna be a mad drifter! Awesome project.

The engine placement sounds....warm

What car is the rear diff/suspension off of??

Gabe

Originally posted by old Skuul Hatch@Nov 25 2004, 07:56 PM
:worthy: Thats gonna be a mad drifter! Awesome project.

The engine placement sounds....warm

What car is the rear diff/suspension off of??

Gabe
[post=422243]Quoted post[/post]​

It's a LSD Silvia unit that came with the clip.

Heres some more tidbits he posted up.
the turbo is an hks gt2540-4gt, good for an easy "bolt on" 350 hp. and the head gasket turns out to be an apexi 1.8mm. steel unit... good stuff! so we shouldnt have any problem propelling this 2,200lb car through the 1/4 in @10.75 at 126 with my fat ass in it, on some drag radials or slicks of course...

gallery_25865_203_1102043365.jpg
gallery_25865_203_1102043342.jpg

so does he plan on sittin in the trunk of the hatch to drive the fuckin thing???? Looks sort of like it could of used a little more planning out. atleast by what you are telling us...

Here's a small update.

The pedal set arrived. I think it will work, once we track down some master cylinders. Two brake masters, and one clutch master. F/R proportioning is accomplished by adjusting the little yoke.
11..._1103422683.jpg

11..._1103422705.jpg

The struts are here. Early next week plans and measurements for some custom suspension bits will go off to the machine shop. We need new flanges for the front struts to mount into the civic strut towers.
11..._1103422730.jpg

I've begun work on a shifter relocation contraption.

We finally have some chromoly tubing to start fabricating the chassis from! We've taken a series of measurements for clearance around the motor. It's going to be a tight fit for the driver, which is not at all a surprise. We drew some templates of the floor to get an idea of pedal set clearance, downpipe clearance, driver's seat placement, etc. Now that the turbo downpipe has arrived, we'll revise the floor plan if necessary, and then start actually tacking together some tubing.

Cool welding pics to follow next week!

Originally posted by swanny@Dec 18 2004, 08:24 PM
Here's a small update.

The pedal set arrived. I think it will work, once we track down some master cylinders. Two brake masters, and one clutch master. F/R proportioning is accomplished by adjusting the little yoke.
gallery_25865_203_1103422683.jpg

gallery_25865_203_1103422705.jpg

The struts are here. Early next week plans and measurements for some custom suspension bits will go off to the machine shop. We need new flanges for the front struts to mount into the civic strut towers.
gallery_25865_203_1103422730.jpg

I've begun work on a shifter relocation contraption.

We finally have some chromoly tubing to start fabricating the chassis from! We've taken a series of measurements for clearance around the motor. It's going to be a tight fit for the driver, which is not at all a surprise. We drew some templates of the floor to get an idea of pedal set clearance, downpipe clearance, driver's seat placement, etc. Now that the turbo downpipe has arrived, we'll revise the floor plan if necessary, and then start actually tacking together some tubing.

Cool welding pics to follow next week!

[post=434303]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by swanny@Dec 18 2004, 08:40 PM
thanks for fixing that, what did I do wrong?
[post=434308]Quoted post[/post]​

there was an extra ] in the img tags

on a side note i been here three years i think i should be a mod up in this mother fucker

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Dec 18 2004, 09:42 PM
on a side note i been here three years i think i should be a mod up in this mother fucker
[post=434311]Quoted post[/post]​

you and me both, brotha!

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 19 2004, 09:32 PM
The age of your account has nothing to do with your potential to be a moderator.  :p
[post=434601]Quoted post[/post]​

tru but my account goes back even further remember the two times all the info was lost? i started in early march 02. i never been a negative member i dont take sides i never done anything that pissed off anyone. being how much i am on i think i am a good person to mod

Originally posted by 92CivicCx+Dec 19 2004, 10:35 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 19 2004, 09:32 PM
The age of your account has nothing to do with your potential to be a moderator. :p

tru but my account goes back even further remember the two times all the info was lost? i started in early march 02. i never been a negative member i dont take sides i never done anything that pissed off anyone. being how much i am on i think i am a good person to mod
[post=434604]Quoted post[/post]​

CRVTEC
@Dec 19 2004, 10:51 PM
I wanna be a mod, too!

:huh:
[post=434613]Quoted post[/post]​

Ahh look 3 new mods... I think the Mod thing is based on honda knowlegde and in which case Brian can vouche I have corrected many of his FAQ's and such... but oh well... maybe Im next maybe Im not. ***HINT***HINT*** Oh I need a few more stickers as well...

how about that civic now.... its so dope that it has a sr 20 in it.... i cant wait to see it done

Originally posted by 92CivicCx+Dec 19 2004, 10:35 PM-->
@Dec 19 2004, 09:32 PM
The age of your account has nothing to do with your potential to be a moderator.  :p

i signed up in dec-02 where is my cookie?

Originally posted by vtecsir1+Dec 20 2004, 08:04 AM-->
Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Dec 19 2004, 10:35 PM
Calesta
@Dec 19 2004, 09:32 PM

i signed up in dec-02 where is my cookie?
[post=434766]Quoted post[/post]​

none of you lived thru the two freah starts that has happened because of the great updates in 02

once again back to this thread

this sr20 swap just makes me want to keep my 240... these guys must have alot of time on their hands. regardless it is an interesting project. i think we r all eager to see where this one goes.....

Back