SR20DET Manifolds

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMilan

Can anyone suggest a oem replacement (using either a t25/t28) exhaust manifold besides these companies:

HKS$$$800ish
JIC$$$660ish
SS autochrome "fuck that"

I can't seem to find a decent manifold in the $$400-500 range

I would recommend Full-Race but after seeing the price range you're looking for I guess that's outta the question.

Did you try South Florida Performance? I think they make manifolds for the SR20DET.

full race does sell a manifold but it's for larger turbos that are top mounted instead of bottom mounted.

I wanted a good manifold that will utilize the t28/t25 flange and is bottom mounted, for a reasonable price, I just can't see myself dishing up $800 for a tiny exhaust manifold.

I just emailed HotShot and Full-Race to see if maybe they are in the process of making a replacement manifold for the SR motor.

$500 is about right for a good factory replacement manifold, atleast I think so..

Well HotShot replied quickly and negatively.............

they said they don't make that type of manifold.......oh well

so hopefully fullrace will have something under development

Ok, well FullRace got back to me about the manifold.

here is there response:

"Milan,

Thanks for your interest in our products. We do offer a replacement manifold
for the stock location t25/t28 turbos. Price will be about $900.00.

Javier"

so I guess I still haven't found what I was looking for, Looks like I'll give SFP a call this afternoon, but for the time being it looks like the JIC is my best choice so far.

just bump it up to a t4/t4 like bri is saying. Still will have good spool but alot more potential and turbos these days go pretty cheap

ok, find me a solution, thats reasonable for these parameters:

WHP Goal 300-320
TQ Goal 310-340
Fully Spooled up in the 3000-3300rpm Range

All with a max limit of $1700 bucks, including turbo, manifold, T-extension, inlet/outlet elbows.

My plans aren't to drag this car at all, well the occassional track event, maybe, but the turbo setup that I want is to have something that will spool up FAST, give GOOD gains, and be towards the top of its effeciency range.

Well I have considered these:

1) OE manifold extrudehoned, s15 turbo and in/out elbows, greddy T-extension...$900 bucks (pros: cheap cost, oem parts - literally, ballbearing, cons: roughly top out at 290-300ish WHP, )

2) JIC manifold, Forced Performance Big28 turbo, greddy t-extension.....$1700 bucks
(pros: quick spool, 310-320WHPish, brand new, better flowing exhaust manny, cons: a little over price)

there is also the option of the GT28R turbo from FP which costs about 200 more than the big28

Here is another Option that fits into the oem manifold:
gallery_21258_51_1091585737.jpg

Garrett GT25R dual ball bearing assembly with 4" compressor inlet and modified T04S compressor housing. Retains T25 exhaust flange turbine section, perfect for bottom mount to factory SR manifold (with minor grinding needed to driver side engine mount bracket). Constructed of full ball bearing center section for superb power band, fits with stock SR downpipe with no modification. choices of 0.64 or 0.86 AR turbine section is available.
Power Output Rating:
# 0.64 Turbine A/R - 400hp
# 0.86 Turbine A/R - 450hp
Specs:
Turbine
# Wheel: 53mm w/ 62 trim
# Housing: .64 ar, .86 ar
Compressor
# Wheel: 60mm w/ 60 trim
# Housing: .70 ar

Here is the S15 T28 Turbo

gallery_21258_51_1091585909.jpg

and the power output is roughly 300ish

Here is a pic of the JIC manifold
gallery_21258_51_1091586055.jpg

a t25 with a to4s cover on the compressor is ill matched if you ask me...
that jic mani doesn't look half bad.
what material is it? 316?

I am not sure what the manifold is made from, but I will check on it. From past research I have found a couple people online that have had the manifold crack under extreme heat, etc.. Also as a side note the other option is the HKS manifold for $850, which i have heard nothing but good information from. But then again, if I am going to consider spending the large amount of cash for a HKS unit then I should heavily consider the full race "oem replacement" manifold also..

well, hmm,,

what would you recommend B? Just curiouis...

and remember it's not about balls to the wall power for me, look back top at MY goals.

Speaking of 300hp SR20DETs... how hard is it to get one up there? I'm gonna be swapping in an S13 Blacktop... what's the power/psi on those stock? How easy would it be to get 300 out of it?

That JIC mani does look tight though!

the full race will help with spool too. its been proven on hondas to knock 500-1000 rpms off of response time.

go for it you cheap bastard. its 900 bucks :)

i paid more for, well, pretty much everything on ym entire car :D

300 rwhp is kind of a touchy area for sr20's. Some people say "disco potatoes" are good enough, while others say the smallest you should go is GT25R, and still others will tell you to give up on the stock manifold and pull up the big-boy pants.

Try searching around NICO for answers. Search for GT25R, GT28RS ( or just "disco potato"), and upgrade turbo. There are a few good threads with many opinions.

hmm. check out online on some other peoples manifolds.

www.lsauto.com sells a nice unit for a great price, but not sure about the construction

also a place called Turbo Calculator sells a manifold also, cheaper and not sure about promising.

also as a side note, even though I wouldn't own any DC products, in a mag this month it looked like they were in production of a oem replacement manifold...

check out this manifold and extension:

I found it on SP Engineerings site, and the cost is $399,,,,honestly it sounds way way too cheap, but also my buddy who has had numerous cars gives their manifolds the thumbsup.......let me know if any of you peeps have heard of their reputation??

gallery_21258_51_1091822005.jpg

Back