SR20DET Manifolds

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Any info on what it's made out of? I don't know though...I mean I've heard SP Engineering does good work but it kinda reminds me of ssautochrome. :/
Are there any close up pictures of the welds?

ok, got more info on the manifold, it's not made by sp, but it's made by Helix, now I know that Helix makes "supposibily" good exhaust parts for WRX's not sure about this though. I am going to call them up today,,,,,,,and also 86 the idea of SFP manifolds.

Ok, just got off the phone with sp and they said that the material is 304stainless, and have been running the manifold for 8-10 months with no known problems, he did state that the only issue is that the extension touches the firewall and that you must dent in the firewall some, not a lot, just a little...........atleast that was what he said.

I am also going to call helix to see if they have had any issues also, plus post onto other forums asking people if they used the manifold yet.

OK, from what I gathered is that OBX/Top Speed/Helix crack, they crack at the welds primarily, this info was from nico and freshalloy. SS autochrome is shit, so is obx. Tons of people complained about them cracking.

Some reports of the JIC cracking have been mentioned, and no bad news about the HKS.

I am beginning to think that this investment into a good bottom mounted T25 flanged turbo is a bad idea, and maybe I should just use the oem manifold, clean it up some, extrude hone it, cermic coat it, and just use a tad bit larger turbo than what I anticipated.

B,,, any thoughts jigga??

extrusion honing pwns.

Sounds like a plan to me, y0. there's a local shop where I'm gonna get a manifold built... super good quality, 350 bucks.

I just PM you..........let me know.........thanks

I'll get the dimensions what I actually get a chance, it won't be fore a little bit since I don't even have the motor. In the Research phast currently.. :)

Now I am thinking on the GT28RS turbo from Garrett

Kiwi also makes a replacement but with a T3 flange, runs 700 bucks also.

the mani looks ok, but that head flange looks like shit

The more and more I research this the more and more I am leaning towards just keeping the stock manifold and just run a larger than planned turbo.

Get me that flange template and I can get you an estimate from JGS.

They probably won't be more than 300 or 400, and I can have him try to replicate the HKS manifold if I've got a pic

B, the full race manifold is 1300, plus another 1000 for a turbo, plus the wastegate and your looking at 2700 bucks.

Currently I am thinking GT29RS turbo "aka disco" with factory manifold, only prblem is that I would have to get a new hotpipe made and also a turbo inlet pipe made aswell, along with taka turbo lines. If I am not mistaken this turbo maxs out at 350hp, around 280-310WHP ish...

I will post pics of the JIC manifold, HKS Manifold, and some others that are shit,

For hotpipes, you can go to Heavy Throttle. They can help you out with any sr stuff you need.

And if you only want 300rwhp, go with the GT28RS. The turbo is very well suited to 1.8-2 liter engines. You'll have a really nice torque curve from the get go, instead of a 3.8-4k+ laggy turbo.

Back