SRR LCA and tie bar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ekPhred

is anybody running this set up or any of them? also any opinions an comments welcome, enjoy!

I like the SRR rear LCAs. I don't have them, but I know a few people who do, and they love them. I really don't know how much of a difference they would make though.

we have the full SRR alignment, LCA and Rear sway bar kit on our EK coupe.
and the way it stiffened up the rear and took away the looseness of the car on the turns made so much difference.

srrlcalogo.jpg

eksrr.jpg

I heard the SRR LCA's are 2 lbs lighter then stock. Also, i like it because it shows off the back end of your car and suspension... :D

Originally posted by ekPhred@Dec 15 2003, 04:23 AM
I heard the SRR LCA's are 2 lbs lighter then stock.  Also, i like it because it shows off the back end of your car and suspension...  :D

personally the look of the lca's is one of the big drawbacks for me. I don't want to do anything with my car that will draw attention to it when I'm just driving around on the street. It's bad enough that I have a stupid 4" tip on my muffler (I'm thinking of having it cut off and having a piece of 2.25 welded on

other than the weight reduction I really don't see how the srr lca's would be much better as compared to stock lca's with ES bushings

plus the price tag isn't realy worth it in my opinion

Edit: what's the deal with the exospeed website? it's not there....
EDIT^2: site is working now.....

Originally posted by seanjuan@Dec 15 2003, 06:28 PM
other than the weight reduction I really don't see how the srr lca's would be much better as compared to stock lca's with ES bushings

Other than the flash and the bushings, there are mounting points for sways, but aside from that if you replaced your bushings you'd probably not be able to tell any difference between those and the stocks.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Dec 15 2003, 02:25 PM-->
@Dec 15 2003, 06:28 PM

Other than the flash and the bushings, there are mounting points for sways, but aside from that if you replaced your bushings you'd probably not be able to tell any difference between those and the stocks.

yes, they do have mount points for sway bars but so do stock teg lca's as well as si and EX civic lca's

so you lose a couple of unsprung pounds, gain some bling, and better bushings for the nifty price of $225 :blink:

granted 1 lb unsprung is supposed to be equivolent to 10lbs sprung.... correct? so the 4 lbs you save with the lca's is like eating subway more often and dropping 40lbs worth of your man boobs :lol:

Originally posted by seanjuan@Dec 15 2003, 02:56 PM
granted 1 lb unsprung is supposed to be equivolent to 10lbs sprung.... correct? so the 4 lbs you save with the lca's is like eating subway more often and dropping 40lbs worth of your man boobs :lol:

negative

that only applies to rotational mass (rims, tires, brakes, etc shit that spins)
the unsprung weight will help with handling though im not sure what the ratio is for that though (i think its something like 1lb unsprung has the effect of 4 or 5lbs sprung on handling :unsure: )

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Dec 15 2003, 03:03 PM-->
@Dec 15 2003, 02:56 PM

negative

that only applies to rotational mass (rims, tires, brakes, etc shit that spins)
the unsprung weight will help with handling though im not sure what the ratio is for that though (i think its something like 1lb unsprung has the effect of 4 or 5lbs sprung on handling :unsure: )

good to know, I must have misread that somewhere
but that does make more sense

and by brakes you mean rotors.... correct, because calipers are stationary so they would fall into the same category as lca's

I'm not incredibly concerned about weight anyway because I put about 20 -30 lbs of sound deadener into my car this summer
but I have HX rims so that should more than make up for it :)

yup rotational mass iss just shit that spins... the 10:1 ratio is just an estimate for rims/tires... brakes would be a little lower becaust the mass is rotating closer to the axis point.... 20inch chrome dubz would be higher because the mass is further from the axis point

any weight that is stationary (non-rotational) and is not suspended by the springs (or other form of suspension) is "unsprung" weight

right on,
I have a pretty strong physics background as well as statics and dynamics, but it is still tied up in retarded books and I haven't transfered it to the real world and cars as of yet

for instance just because you can find a 17" rim that weighs 10lbs, it doesn't mean it is as good at a 15" rim that weighs the same because of the location of the bulk of the weight

Back