SRS Light comes on

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OldEMaltLiQuoR

this evening I got in the car (this is my third time driving it) and when I started her up the SRS light stayed on after all the others went off. So did the "Maint Reqd" light ( but that comes on for every scheduled maintenance until its reset according to the manual ).

I turned off the car and restarted again and the same thing happened. And just now when I got home, i tried to start it again and both lights came on.
The car drives great....just that damned light keeps coming on.

Now w/ the SRS light, is that something that you guys are somewhat familiar w/ (i.e. why its coming on and how to fix it ) or should I not be fucking arround w/ it because it has to do w/ the air bags?...

Any ideas what could be wrong?

you can get a jdm non airbag wheel, but you wont be able to pass inspection anywhere.

I don't mess with the airbags because they have a tendency to deploy if you don't do everything exactly right.

The SRS light staying on means that the system is unhappy. You need to pull the diagnostic code. If you post the code, I can look it up in the Helms for you.

So did you buy this car from a private party or a dealership? I was reading another thread of yours, the one about shifting at 7,000 rpms.

I bought it from a dealer. One of these guys that gets cars @ auctions and sells 'em.
The whole shifting shit what B.S. I was trying to keep up w/ my friends chipped WRX last night. I got it over 8000RPM in second and was able to shift into third w/ no problem.

I was reading another thread on how to pull the code, but i thought it was only for CEL.... I'll give that a shot when I get home tonight.

Its funny. I've been reading this forum since May of this year, and I've read about every one pulling CEL codes, and checking hoses and broken sensors....Now that its my turn to do it on a car that I just bought, I'm getting a 'lil nervous. I know its a simple procedure, but its just the chance of fucking something up.

I'm gonna post some pics of the teg that I took this morning.

Originally posted by OldEMaltLiQuoR@Dec 15 2004, 09:25 AM
Its funny. I've been reading this forum since May of this year, and I've read about every one pulling CEL codes, and checking hoses and broken sensors....Now that its my turn to do it on a car that I just bought, I'm getting a 'lil nervous. I know its a simple procedure, but its just the chance of fucking something up.
[post=432480]Quoted post[/post]​

Haha. I feel the same way. I've done a lot of reading and then watching my friends work on cars. lol. Anyway, the SRS light will go on for about six seconds and then go off. Then it will blink the code. It will be two numbers. So just watch the spacing of the blinks and the pattern. The first number could be a 1, 2, 5, 9 or 10. The second number could be a 1, 2, 3 or 4. I hope this helps you. My ABS light came on two years ago and my old garage had me read the code (I always hung out with them while my car was being worked on). It was not that hard to read.

Originally posted by OldEMaltLiQuoR@Dec 15 2004, 03:44 PM
Do I jump the ECU same as if I was pulling the CEL?
[post=432685]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes. Same procedure. Your SRS light will be flashing instead of the check engine light.

Back