SRS Light Issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

m90polk

I have a 94 civic ex coupe the SRS light is on an I believe it is because it was hit in the front previously.... my question is does anyone know how to fix the problem? I don't just want to reset it because it will always be there an come back, I want to fix it so if anyone out there has experience in the SRS system can you throw some advice my way. Thanks

you could always just take the bulb out of the back of the cluster if it bothers you that much. ... im trying to get rid of mine all together.

The first thing you need to do is find the service connector and jump it with a paper clip or a piece of wire. There are 2 terminals, just connect them. It is shown in the image below as 'Service Check Connector', it's a 2-pin connector with a black and brown wire.
connector.gif

Like I said before, just connect them together somehow.

The SRS indicator light indicates the DTC by the number of blinks when the SCS service connector is connected to the service check connector.

1. With the ignition switch OFF, connect the SCS service connector to the service check connector.

1-9.gif

2. Turn the ignition switch ON (II). The SRS indicator light comes on for about six seconds and goes off. Then it will indicate the DTC:

o The DTC consists of a main code and a sub-code.
o Including the most recent problem, up to three different malfunctions can be indicated.
o In case of a continuous failure, the DTC will be indicated repeatedly (see example 1 below). - In case of an intermittent failure, the SRS indicator light will indicate the DTC one time, then it will stay on (see example 2 below).
o If both a continuous and an intermittent failure occur, both DTCs will be indicated as continuous failures.
o In case the system is normal(no DTC), the SRS indicator light will start blinking continuous short blinks (see example 3 below).

2-10.gif

inter.gif

3-10.gif

Get that taken care of, post up the fault code, and I'll get back to you with a code description and how to further diagnose and/or fix the problem.

Back