Srs light? Wtf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DESPAIN

yep....mmhhm.......yep...
Well my srs light keeps coming on and blinking all crazy. I noticed the other day after i did an oil change. Anyone know why or how to fix? All ready reset it but still same thing.

nope everything is the same. dam thing blinks all crazy some times it goes off after 20 min. i dont get it.

well they can be reset at the fuse box under the dash but if you dont do it just right it will set them off, i would take this problem to the dealer

its a 400hp 92 prelude....... not going to the dealer....lol

i don't understand why that would change anything, but what ever.

usually when the srs light comes on, it stays on until the problem is fixed and the srs module is reset. since you said that you already had it reset, i don't know if reseting it again will help any (i'm assuming that the dealer reset it the first time)

i would look into replacing the air bag module first, becasue it seems like the whole system is malfunctioning

it is possible to reset the srs light without going to the dealership too. i used this method on my 1996 accord and it worked

www.geocities.com/myintegra96/srs.html

... vader says that reseting it yourself can blow the bags, which i was unaware of, so use at your own risk and keep your head away from the steering wheel

Yes yes i have already reset the srs light my self. And fyi.... I get in today and drove it to work. And the light came on and went off as it should normally.....once again wtf?

i always thought that once the light comes on, you couldn't get it off unless you reset the srs module. this makes me think that your module is messed up. I would look into replacing that first

I don't know the exact details, but i had the same problem in my 93 accord. Its the wiring for the drivers airbag. There is some kind of rotor (for lack of a better word) in there that keeps the connection when the steering wheel turns. Kind like the thing for front break cables on a bmx bike. Over the years that thing wears and the connection gets screwed up. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, prolly more trouble to fix then it's worth.

Yeah it has not done it again. So i guess problem solved?lol will update if it happens agian.

Back