Srs Light?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wtc7676

I took out my airbag...now how do i get rid of the SRS light on my cluster? 93 civic coupe.

thanks

Will

Or check out the how to on my site. There is a red clip you can put on the harness to keep it off. Why did you take out the airbag? That will void all insuance claims if you get in an accident.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 21 2003, 06:54 PM
pull the cluster out and rip out the bulb

Damn, you beat me to it. Nice... :)

I was gonna say stab that little sucker with a screwdriver until it dies, but I guess ripping out the bulb is less dramatic.

Originally posted by solblu@Apr 21 2003, 11:15 PM
Or check out the how to on my site. There is a red clip you can put on the harness to keep it off. Why did you take out the airbag? That will void all insuance claims if you get in an accident.

if its diabled, it will show the light, even if it is plugged.

No it won't. Drove mine for a week with the SRS plug on it before I took the steering wheel off again and saw it wasn't hooked up.

THere is a big fatty SRS fuse that if, goes out the light comes on. :D

SCS Plug
It is a yellow connector with two wires in it that is plugged into the fuse box, unplug it and pull it down. Once you have
done that you can begin the process of erasing the memory. NOTE: This will only reset your SRS System if what
caused it to trigger has been fixed, Ex: turning the ignition on with any SRS Plugs disconnected, such as pulling your
seat out.

1st step in erasing the memory is to turn the ignition off and connect the SCS Service connector to the MES Plug,
2nd Turn Ignition on. SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds then go off.
3rd Disconnect SCS service connector for MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS indicator light goes off.
SRS indicator light will come on again.
4th Reconnect SCS service connector the MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS light comes on. SRS indicator
light will go off.
5th Disconnect SCS service connector from MES connector within 4 seconds. SRS indicator light will indicate that
memory is erased by blinking 2 times.
6th Turn ignition off, and wait 10 seconds. Start vehicle like normal and light should come on and go out like normal.
You have reset your SRS light, congrats.
If it does not work the first time try it again, the timing has to be perfect. My first time it took me 3 attempts before it
worked, but it did work.

Does this SRS reset technique work for a 2002 Accord V6 ? If yes can someone tell where exactly to look for the plug or better yet if someone has a picture illustration the two wire yellow plug that will be great .. Thank You

Back