SRS reset

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MarcusK408

Can someone tell me how to reset the SRS light on my 2001 Honda Accord V6?
It came on after I removed the gauge cluster to install some reverse glo gauges.
I made the mistake of turning on the ignition with the cluster removed. After that, the check engine light and SRS light stays on. I was able to get rid of the check engine light by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but the SRS light is still on. Thanks in advance.

im not sure in an accord... but in civics, its under the dash behind the radio area...

There is no yellow-wrapped two wire connector that I can see.
There's 2 two-wire connectors that go into the backside of the fusebox near the side kickpanel. Both have yellow connectors. The larger one has two green wires. Is this the MES connector?

You need to check a manual before messing with service connectors for airbags. If one of those pops in your face at the wrong time, it might ruin your whole week.

You are in the right area. I believe its the first one but I would ask. There is a recall on the year and part that make the light stay also so you mite want to check with honda. My friend at honda has been doing two a day.

Back