Srt-4 vid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah it's a repost alright...shitty as all hell vid too. An SRT4 is not going to pull 5 cars on a rexxer.

Originally posted by ovcrash@Jun 16 2004, 10:25 PM
If i'm not mistaken(sp?) the other car was a WRX! Sorry..but no SRT4 will beat that car...

It's a Drivers race actually. The SRT4 and WRX run mid to low 14s, and when I said rexxer i meant WRX.

nice vid...sorta

I've seen a modded 03 skittle beat a STI by half a car. it is a drivers race, from a roll anyway

Skittle? Yeah I'm callin crap. Sure the SRT and STI are close in speed but who's to say that was a stock STI?

i thoguht stock 03 model SRT-4's ran low 14's high 13's and the STi i've seen tested as low as 13.2's i thinks.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 27 2004, 07:50 AM
Skittle? Yeah I'm callin crap. Sure the SRT and STI are close in speed but who's to say that was a stock STI?

Dude, it was a commercial, come on now.

car and driver ran the srt-4 at 13.99
now who knows if it was a 2.0 or 2.5 wrx. could just have been an aftermarket wing.

it was a wrx.
it was not an sti.

i think the vidoe was cool as hell. bout time someone actually makes a mvoie out it.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 27 2004, 01:50 AM

The Commercial was an SRT4 against a WRX, not an STi. Look at the headlights, they're round, the STi's weren't introduced into the states until the redesign in 04.

I don't really keep up on the specifics of the subies... I know it was a commercial, dammit. :p

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 27 2004, 03:12 PM
I don't really keep up on the specifics of the subies... I know it was a commercial, dammit. :p

WRX 3000 lb sedan, 2.0L EJ20 turbocharged Boxer four cylinder 227 hp @ 6000 rpm 217 ft lbs @ 4000 rpm, comes standard with a 5 sp manual, optional 4 sp, full time AWD riding on 16s. Runs 14-14.6 stock 1/4 mile

WRX STi 3200 lb sedan, 2.5L EJ25 turbocharged boxer four cylinder, 300 hp @ 6000 rpm 300 ft lbs @ 4000 rpm, comes standard with a 6 sp manual, full time AWD w/ a manually adjustable center differential allowing for front/rear power distribution riding on 17" (Edit: gold or silver) BBS rims. Runs 13-13.6 stock 1/4 mile

Back