srt-4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If Richard Simmons ran a 13-second quarter mile, would you ride in him?

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Feb 10 2004, 08:06 PM
If Richard Simmons ran a 13-second quarter mile, would you ride in him?

. . . <_< . . .

Come on, dude... be more creative. That made no sense.

Anyone can buy a car thats fast! But Honestly who gives 2 shits about what people think about your car. If you like it, thats what counts.... Its not.. if other people are happy, its if you are. If you like the neons pick one up. I dont see honda making there cars fast from the factory (IN AMERICA anyways) do what u want its your money!

i'd give up my civic, plus my first born for a chance at an SRT-4. i used to own a neon, before the civic. ok let the flamming begin. i liked it, it handled well and never gave me any trouble. granted it wasnt the fastest thing on 4 wheels but it was reliable. i say go for it but wait for the 04's if they have LSD.

neons have just as much potential as a civic does
neons are just as much of a "chick car" as a civic is
neons handle just as well as civics do
and the SRT-4 is a lot more impressive in stock form than any civic ever released

if you dont like them then you dont like them :gives:
all i can seriously say that sucks ass about them (and i say this about all dodge products) is they dont take a punch for shit.... they fair about as well as a beer can in an accident

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 11 2004, 12:14 AM
neons have just as much potential as a civic does
neons are just as much of a "chick car" as a civic is
neons handle just as well as civics do
and the SRT-4 is a lot more impressive in stock form than any civic ever released

if you dont like them then you dont like them :gives:
all i can seriously say that sucks ass about them (and i say this about all dodge products) is they dont take a punch for shit.... they fair about as well as a beer can in an accident

right on

Originally posted by bigdaddyIII@Feb 11 2004, 03:10 AM
i like em. an srt4 is not a neon.

neon

023943-E.jpg

SRT-4

023942-E.jpg

neon

023945-E.jpg

SRT-4

003307-E.jpg

looks like a neon to me

Like I said before E, it shares the same body and platform...thats where the similiarities end.

id drive an srt-4. personally i dont think neons are all tha bad.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 11 2004, 10:43 AM
Like I said before E, it shares the same body and platform...thats where the similiarities end.

look
the SRT-4 about as far away from a regular Neon, as the ITR is from a regular Integra

same body? check
stronger engine? check
stiffer sispension? check
sporty interior? check
weight reduction? dunno about the SRT-4 i would guess though

saying "its not a neon" is fucking stupid... it IS a neon... it just happens to be the premium sport edition of the neon

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Feb 11 2004, 07:32 PM-->
revolution8k
@Feb 11 2004, 10:43 AM

look
the SRT-4 about as far away from a regular Neon, as the ITR is from a regular Integra

same body? check
stronger engine? check
sporty interior? check

saying "its not a neon" is fucking stupid... it IS a neon... it just happens to be the premium sport edition of the neon

with stupid...

but its a damn quick neon

its like a v6 mustang to a cobra r

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Feb 11 2004, 07:32 PM-->
revolution8k
@Feb 11 2004, 10:43 AM

look

same body? check
stronger engine? check
sporty interior? check

check the registration, jackass. there isnt a single 'neon' anywhere on it. you car buffs can get behind me on this one. we're goin way back... to the sixties and the seventies. some of the eighties and nineties, but not so much. for the gm folks, (not me, but i can appreciate) there's the tempest and the gto. look alike, two diff cars. also the pontiac ventura and the chevy nova. look a lot alike. now, for the ford guys. mustang, capri (for a while); the cougar and the t-bird. the mustang and the shelby cobra.bobcat, pinto;tempo,topaz;taurus,sable. diff cars. now for the mopar men. roadrunner,super bee. and the superbird and the charger 500. all these cars look alike. some are identical. but they are not the same model. you may think of the srt4 as a neon, and you have the right to be wrong all day long if you want. its worked so far. but fact is, it is not a neon. you cant buy a neon with a 2.4, even if you wanted to.
ps - the premium sport edition of the neon is the r/t

Originally posted by bigdaddyIII@Feb 11 2004, 10:53 PM
check the registration, jackass. there isnt a single 'neon' anywhere on it. you car buffs can get behind me on this one. we're goin way back... to the sixties and the seventies. some of the eighties and nineties, but not so much. for the gm folks, (not me, but i can appreciate) there's the tempest and the gto. look alike, two diff cars. also the pontiac ventura and the chevy nova. look a lot alike. now, for the ford guys. mustang, capri (for a while); the cougar and the t-bird. the mustang and the shelby cobra.bobcat, pinto;tempo,topaz;taurus,sable. diff cars. now for the mopar men. roadrunner,super bee. and the superbird and the charger 500. all these cars look alike. some are identical. but they are not the same model. you may think of the srt4 as a neon, and you have the right to be wrong all day long if you want. its worked so far. but fact is, it is not a neon. you cant buy a neon with a 2.4, even if you wanted to.
ps - the premium sport edition of the neon is the r/t

youre naming cars that are sold by different companies
sure they might be the same family
but different companies none the less

the SRT-4 is made and sold by dodge
the neon is made and sold by dodge
they both share the same chasis

the SRT-4 is a parts bin performance model based off of the body of the NEON and the engine of the turbo PT cruiser

even CarFax refers to it as a NEON SRT

who knows why dodge decided to leave off the neon name

at the end of the day i really dont give a fuck either way
i dont like the SRT-4
actually i dont like any of the cars you listed

Less WHINNING PLEASE!! Everyone is meant to have diffrent tastes! Thats why the sport compact scene is huge... everyone does their own thing. should we all go out and buy a civic hatch back or a honda accord? anyone get where im going?

Back