srt-4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you guys dont like it that STFU! He probable doent care if you guys dislike it..

wow .... really needed 3 posts in a row for that????

:newbie:

:postwhore:

Eh who really gives a flying fuck?

I like the SRT-4, I feel that it's the best bang for the buck that you can get anywhere... PERIOD.

If you don't agree fine, but you're not going to convince me that it's a POS or whatever.

me = car guy
make/model loyal guys = not car guy(s)

I choose to be open to different types of cars, if I get bored with the Honda, I might try an SRT-4...but if I don't like that either, I'll go WRX. Then maybe a Mustang...a Camaro...fuck... Why's this shit always gotta turn into an arguement and why do I always gotta get sucked into it? No one will win. It'll just go back and forth until we childishly call each other names and throw tantrums in our rooms.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 12 2004, 12:43 AM

Yeah Ideas came to my head afterword! I could have edited but than again wasnt up for it. You kind of wasted a post than to! Fair enough?

Originally posted by Accordturbo94+Feb 12 2004, 12:51 AM-->
@Feb 12 2004, 12:43 AM

Yeah Ideas came to my head afterword! I could have edited but than again wasnt up for it. You kind of wasted a post than to! Fair enough?

seriously man, stop whoring like that, just edit your post.

i kinda like teh srt4.. the seets are badass :D

Originally posted by Accordturbo94+Feb 12 2004, 12:51 AM-->
@Feb 12 2004, 12:43 AM

Seriously... stop post whoring like that. I've seen you do it in three threads straight tonight already, and I'm just starting my nightly update.

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Feb 11 2004, 11:55 PM-->
bigdaddyIII
@Feb 11 2004, 10:53 PM
check the registration, jackass. there isnt a single 'neon' anywhere on it. you car buffs can get behind me on this one. we're goin way back... to the sixties and the seventies. some of the eighties and nineties, but not so much. for the gm folks, (not me, but i can appreciate) there's the tempest and the gto. look alike, two diff cars. also the pontiac ventura and the chevy nova. look a lot alike. now, for the ford guys. mustang, capri (for a while); the cougar and the t-bird. the mustang and the shelby cobra.bobcat, pinto;tempo,topaz;taurus,sable. diff cars. now for the mopar men. roadrunner,super bee. and the superbird and the charger 500. all these cars look alike. some are identical. but they are not the same model. you may think of the srt4 as a neon, and you have the right to be wrong all day long if you want. its worked so far. but fact is, it is not a neon. you cant buy a neon with a 2.4, even if you wanted to.
ps - the premium sport edition of the neon is the r/t

youre naming cars that are sold by different companies
sure they might be the same family
but different companies none the less

the SRT-4 is made and sold by dodge
the neon is made and sold by dodge
they both share the same chasis

the SRT-4 is a parts bin performance model based off of the body of the NEON and the engine of the turbo PT cruiser

even CarFax refers to it as a NEON SRT

who knows why dodge decided to leave off the neon name

at the end of the day i really dont give a fuck either way
i dont like the SRT-4
actually i dont like any of the cars you listed

ok, fine. the roadrunner and the superbird. all they did was slap a nose and a wing on it, and tune the shit out of it. same company. different cars. the reason dodge left off the neon is because it isnt one. you dont have to like the cars i named. but i named them to make my point. and while carfax can tell you about a cars past, they really arent much of an enthusiasts point of view. i can tell you tho, if i spent that much money on a car, id be sure to let you know what it isnt. anyway, i agree w/ 8k on this one. a good car is a good car. ill even give props to the old chevys. 57 belair>pick an import

whoever said they could build a 13 second civic for $21k. Whoopty - fuggin' - doo. And how many miles will be on that engine? on the car? How much tuning time to get it to perform right? You might as well make the same comparision if the Neon had 30-40k miles already on it. then you're looking at a $12k car. Can you buy a 4dr EX Civic for $12k? good luck, plus adding in a motor swap and/or turbocharger. $5-8k easy for install and proper tuning. and then you still have a crap suspension on the civic.
the neon is a better deal than anyone could build on a honda right now.

Neon SRT-4 = :ghey: Only reason there is a turbo on it (Mercedes Benz)
I sat in one, power windows in the front, manual windows in the back :ghey:
Come with all that power no BOV??? :ghey:
SRT-4 = Street Racing Technolgy 4 cylinder = :ghey:
Tired of people my age saying they want that cause it has turbo and make hissing noises = :ghey:
Neon SRT 4 dosent look bad caught my eye a couple of times, but the people who talk shit to me driving, made me hate it.
Give a civic dx 230 horse and we will see you makes it to the end of the 1/4 mile first.
Honda makes there cars cheap for a reason so some people like us can afford them, so we can make montsers out of them.

If dodge never went bankrupt there would be no SRT-4.

But then again FUCK NEONS
:nutkick:

Well cant a swapped civic be bought for a lot less than a srt-4??? THose guys are in denial saying that "its not a neon". If it looks like sh!+ and smells like sh!+, then it probably is. I hate ignorant people. Accept the fact that it's a damn neon. All those claiming it's not a neon remind me of ricers with nismo, ralliart stickers on their cars.
-me "what the hell did you do to your hatch?"
-ricer "I make a skyline kit for it. Only took 8 cases of Bondo!!!"

Originally posted by Prowler@Feb 13 2004, 08:11 AM
whoever said they could build a 13 second civic for $21k. Whoopty - fuggin' - doo. And how many miles will be on that engine? on the car? How much tuning time to get it to perform right? You might as well make the same comparision if the Neon had 30-40k miles already on it. then you're looking at a $12k car. Can you buy a 4dr EX Civic for $12k? good luck, plus adding in a motor swap and/or turbocharger. $5-8k easy for install and proper tuning. and then you still have a crap suspension on the civic.
the neon is a better deal than anyone could build on a honda right now.

Not even close, $7000-$10,000 for a 96-98 coupe and they can be found in immaculate condition for less. $2000 in suspension, and if you can't make it reliable and fast for another $8000 (boosted B18C5 being the most expensive and doable choice), you shouldn't have started in the first place. All that and you are going have more power and handling, and a WAY better looking car for around the same price. That is of course if you don't look around, and are just getting the first thing you came across, and not shopping around, if you do that you can easily shave a few thousand off the price.

And about power out of the box, to me, building the power, and working on the car making it something it was not, is half the fun, so buying with all that crap, and some designers idea of what looks good is not my thing.

If everyone is so anti Honda, why are you on a Honda board? This is a Honda board right? Do I like other cars, and appreciate a truely nicely built sports car, hell ya, would I own another car, hell ya. Would it be a Dodge Neon, nope.

did you read what i was saying? you can build a civic that is faster/better handling than the srt-4, but the civic will have comparably more miles on the car and on the engine. if you want to make comparisons, make it somewhat reasonable. a used 02 srt-4 for $17k with 10k miles, do the same with a civic with 10k miles on the chassis and engine for the same price.
hell, i can get a 91hb shell with full suspension and wheels for $1000 (worth well over that with the current setup) and then put in a boosted b series for $7k without doing any work at all. it'll be cheaper than the neon but not nearly reliable as a factory turned FI car, will have 30-40k miles on the engine, and over 100k on the chassis.
not worth it in my opinion, since i'm looking at this from a money standpoint. if money wasn't a concern, i'd definately take a 92hb with a b18 (even brians del sol setup) over a neon.
also look at resale value.

I understand what you're saying, but the Blue Book doesn't drive my car. Miles on the car becomes irrelevent when you replace the suspension, (new bushings and strut/springs and some bars) and also when you rebuild a motor(which can be done with new parts, or hell, a brand new ITR motor from Honda cost about $7000). So with new suspension, new motor, as long as the body is good (nice paint, no rust), the only indication of miles is on the odometer.

As far as resale value, Hondas hold theirs MUCH better than neons. Going to KBB a 2002 Civic EX sedan private parties with 10,000 miles for $13,805. A 2002 Neon SXT sedan with 10,000 miles private parties at $7,670.

The 2003 Civic EX sedan retailed new for $17,770ish
The 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 sedan retailed new for $19,9900ish

2003 Civic EX used $14,895
2003 SRT-4 sedan used $16,105

All ready the SRT-4 is losing more value than the Honda, around $1,000 and that's just one year. Compare the 95's. Same deal, sedans, now with 20,000 miles insead of 10,000 The Civic private party value is $5425, the Neons is $1,825, even the "Sports Sedan" is only $2,405.

wait. what? the srt4 lost only 3800 something... the EX lost 2900. A big whopping difference of 900 dollars, how exactly are you proving your point? That's not a big difference IMO. A big differnce would be if the SRT-4 lost 4 grand over the EX.

Yet you say nothing of a used 2002 WRX sedan which you can get for sub 20,000 with 1-3 years of mileage on it, (since they were brought out in March of 01 as 02 models...) seeing as how they base at $23,995 and one option makes them well over 24k I'd say they lose their value pretty quickly as well. That's 4 grand in a year or two as well.

Of course if I was looking to get a fast car I'd definitely consider the SRT4 over the Civic EX, hell it would be a hole shot for me, I'd quickly jump on the band wagon of the EX model Civic and i could start taking Mustangs and shit right outta the box. :roll:

Originally posted by Soichiro-Honda@Feb 13 2004, 02:54 AM
Neon SRT-4 = :ghey: Only reason there is a turbo on it (Mercedes Benz)
I sat in one, power windows in the front, manual windows in the back :ghey:
Come with all that power no BOV??? :ghey:
SRT-4 = Street Racing Technolgy 4 cylinder = :ghey:
Tired of people my age saying they want that cause it has turbo and make hissing noises = :ghey:
Neon SRT 4 dosent look bad caught my eye a couple of times, but the people who talk shit to me driving, made me hate it.
Give a civic dx 230 horse and we will see you makes it to the end of the 1/4 mile first.
Honda makes there cars cheap for a reason so some people like us can afford them, so we can make montsers out of them.

If dodge never went bankrupt there would be no SRT-4.

But then again FUCK NEONS
:nutkick:

:whatafucktard: :newbie:

Originally posted by driverunknown@Feb 13 2004, 03:18 AM
Well cant a swapped civic be bought for a lot less than a srt-4??? THose guys are in denial saying that "its not a neon". If it looks like sh!+ and smells like sh!+, then it probably is. I hate ignorant people. Accept the fact that it's a damn neon. All those claiming it's not a neon remind me of ricers with nismo, ralliart stickers on their cars.
-me "what the hell did you do to your hatch?"
-ricer "I make a skyline kit for it. Only took 8 cases of Bondo!!!"

you stfu too, noob! yeah, a swapped civic can be bought for less than an srt4. but youre dealing with a brand new car vs two used cars slapped together. and there is a greater liklihood of error in dealing with buying a swapped car. if you do it, and you do it right, youre looking at 7-10k just in the turbo and fuel management. and you still have a used car. think before you speak, noob, or youll get cut in here.

for the record, im not a honda guy, or an any other company guy. i love cars.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 13 2004, 06:41 PM

wait. what? the srt4 lost only 3800 something... the EX lost 2900. A big whopping difference of 900 dollars, how exactly are you proving your point? That's not a big difference IMO. A big differnce would be if the SRT-4 lost 4 grand over the EX.

Yet you say nothing of a used 2002 WRX sedan which you can get for sub 20,000 with 1-3 years of mileage on it, (since they were brought out in March of 01 as 02 models...) seeing as how they base at $23,995 and one option makes them well over 24k I'd say they lose their value pretty quickly as well. That's 4 grand in a year or two as well.

Of course if I was looking to get a fast car I'd definitely consider the SRT4 over the Civic EX, hell it would be a hole shot for me, I'd quickly jump on the band wagon of the EX model Civic and i could start taking Mustangs and shit right outta the box. :roll:

Not talking about the WRX, but we could. The 2003 Impreza WRX 2.0 turbo sold new for $24,820 and used it is $21,610, a difference of $3,210, hmmm.. still beats hte Neon buy what $600ish. The comment about EX's beating mustangs out the box, what's that supposed to mean? Are you reffering to the SRT-4 beating them and hte Civic being slow?, or the people that think, because it is a Civic they can beat anything? Either way it is irrelevent

You are really reaching now, there is no way to argue it, the SRT-4 is a "better" car right?, and lost more value, so what if it is only $900 more than the Civic in two years, it is going to be more and more over the years. I think I made my point, no need to go any further.

Are you reffering to the SRT-4 beating them and hte Civic being slow?, or the people that think, because it is a Civic they can beat anything? Either way it is irrelevent

I'm referring to the fact that the SRT4 is a different class of car than the Civic EX, so it's not comparable. People that want an SRT4 want speed to prove a point, people that buy a Civic EX either want it for the mileage or want it because they don't realize the Si is STILL a better platform to build and to work with.

It just makes more sense to me to compare the WRX vs SRT4, which leads me to my point that the SRT4 is just as quick for 4grand less base. Hence, it's a better deal. I have yet to find a 2 year old WRX, at least here in Indiana, that was for sale over 20k. Maybe thats due to the weather related problems or due to the fact that I've only been on Autotrader 10 times instead of 11, I don't know. What I do know is losing 3000 dollars in 2 years. I haven't seen any SRT4s up for resale so I don't know about your numbers. However I can't argue with them. Why? because it's people like you who don't have any faith in the newer cars because of what the big three have done in the past.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 13 2004, 09:59 PM
Are you reffering to the SRT-4 beating them and hte Civic being slow?, or the people that think, because it is a Civic they can beat anything? Either way it is irrelevent

I'm referring to the fact that the SRT4 is a different class of car than the Civic EX, so it's not comparable.

I tried to compare the 2002 EX, but theres no 2002 SRT-4, and I used the 2003 EX and SRT-4 to show you an exaggerated example of the loss of valvue between a "good" "sports" car, and the comparibly priced EX. The difference between the SXT Neon is even more ridiculous.

Back