SS Autochrome breaks again!

?

• I'd still buy their stuff&#

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just want to play devil's advocate, and say i ran my SSAutoChrome manifold for 6 months no problems. :)

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Dec 29 2004, 09:59 AM
I just want to play devil's advocate, and say i ran my SSAutoChrome manifold for 6 months no problems. :)
[post=438585]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah....did you use a large turbo on the mani like that t3t4 or was it a small snail

SS Autochrome makes turbos? :huh:

I mean, I know they make shitty turbo manifolds....but.....turbos?

That's like buying APC pistons or something....

The person that bought my d16z6 engine that was in my car has one of those manifold on it. He kicks it, pulls and rocks on the runners and hasn't had any problems yet. The crazy thing is from what I hear, my old engine (sold it with 150k miles on it) is a fucking trooper. He ran for 10k miles untuned with zero problems, still has perfect compression. Then he decides that he wants to blow the thing up, so he will run a shit load of boost, sometimes double what he is tuned at, still runs perfect. He was on the dyno, ran out of injectors, started detonating like crazy. Shuts it off, then they do a compression test, runs fine still perfect compression. This happened at 5500ish rpm, put down 210 or so WHP. He will run the thing with bearly any oil and for fun, he will go into parking lots taking corners as hard and what the check oil light turn on. WTF, I gave up the invincible d16z6 for a gsr.

I have an SS Auto cat-back pipe in the Civic...

It's garbage. It rusted out worse than a tool steel one. The bends are nice, but that's where it rusts. It's like it's shown a picture of chrome and there it goes.

Also, 2.5" must be on a small ruler for those people.

-> Steve

Originally posted by formby+Dec 29 2004, 11:07 AM-->
ScrapinSi
@Dec 29 2004, 09:59 AM
[post=438585]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah....did you use a large turbo on the mani like that t3t4 or was it a small snail
[post=438609]Quoted post[/post]​

DSC02369.JPG

t3/t4.

Back