SS Autochrome RANT!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
Its pretty well known to stay away from SS Autochrome, BUT unfortunately I fell victim to them.

I wasnt paying tooo close of attention to the company I bought a turbo from, I was so excited to buy it cause I had a bunch of money.

WELL, the turbo is fine and works fine, but the actuator was too stiff for my application. I sent them a few emails about it, no response from them at all. I checked out their website, no phone # to call them.

SO, since they only had a fax number, I wrote them a nice letter. I only needed 1 question answered, and its a simple question for someone selling a turbo. What is the Spring rate for the actuator? No response for a few hours. SO, I kept faxing my letter every hour on the hour for 2 days!!

STILL no response. Today was the last straw, I found the part I need from someone else, but its 115 shipped. Which sucks, more money spent. I decided to bite the bullet, obviously they dont care about the customer. I sent them this:

Hi,
I'm writing again about the products I bought from you. I have gotten no responses to my numerous attempts to make this right with you. I only asked a simple question about the part I bought and you wouldnt even give me the courtesy of calling and saying you dont know.

I'll be sure to go on the several message boards I'm a member of and further shove the SS Autochrome name into SH!T!!!!

I'd like to end my dealing with you by saying:

F U C K
Y O U!!!

I wish you all the bad luck,
Nick

I know most of you know to avoid them already, I'm just adding to the testimonials.

Just sucks you cant even talk to these people directly. I wish I had a phone # for them.

They don't call it SSAutocrap for nothing. Apparently some of their XS Power turbos aren't bad - but there ones you should avoid.

^Nice, yes I am a retard.

I just got all caught up in the project and buying all the parts. I guarantee it wont happen again :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
Just sucks you cant even talk to these people directly. I wish I had a phone # for them.

Do your research next time.

They have great prices, and some great products, but they have no customer service. This is why they're capable of having such low prices, so to get you have to give - you can't have it all.

When you buy from them, be sure you know exactly what you're getting and ask the questions during the ebay auction so they'll actually respond.

Their warranty policy is they have none. They're huge in the Subaru community for the "Ebay TMIC" thats a steal, but sometimes comes with bent fins.

Back