SS brake lines.... not as good as we thought?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This is bullshit, we use SS lines on alot of aircraft. Take it from me I'm working on my craftsmanship. SS lines, if assembled correctly, are safe. If we will turst them to our 40+million aircraft I think our civics will survive. The High Pressure SS hoses can withstand over 12k PPSIG (I know I've done it 35431341643 times), they have NO shelf life, we keep them on the aircraft over 10 yrs without a second thought. Unlike rubber hoses they will not buldge and there is no worry of dryrot. The type of teflon used generally does not degrade drastically over time like rubber does, it's just a good product and AN fittings rule. Unless you can get dynatube fittings, titanium brake lines y0!!

Seriously, everyone has an oppinion, and this is mine. I've been working with them for years with not even one incident in my mind, if you want to be safe use High Pressure lines and inspect them for broken wire braids every six months.

looks like they simply stated the obvious
get cheep lines and they will probly blow out on you
get good lines and youll be ok

:eek: wow thanks for that insight

i think they narrowed it down to the problem being the fittings on the end of the hose. If they are good they are good, if they are bad (crimped), beware.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 20 2003, 10:04 AM
looks like they simply stated the obvious
get cheep lines and they will probly blow out on you
get good lines and youll be ok

:eek: wow thanks for that insight

:werd:

I'm getting my brakes installed soon and was planning on getting stainless steel brake lines. My opinion is still the same. Heck, the manufacturer of the brakes recommend getting stainless steel brake lines.

whew.....lol, i was just checking. i knew i spent a decent amount on them and by reputation they are good. thanks.

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Aug 20 2003, 12:21 PM
This is bullshit, we use SS lines on alot of aircraft. Take it from me I'm working on my craftsmanship. SS lines, if assembled correctly, are safe. If we will turst them to our 40+million aircraft I think our civics will survive. The High Pressure SS hoses can withstand over 12k PPSIG (I know I've done it 35431341643 times), they have NO shelf life, we keep them on the aircraft over 10 yrs without a second thought. Unlike rubber hoses they will not buldge and there is no worry of dryrot. The type of teflon used generally does not degrade drastically over time like rubber does, it's just a good product and AN fittings rule. Unless you can get dynatube fittings, titanium brake lines y0!!

Seriously, everyone has an oppinion, and this is mine. I've been working with them for years with not even one incident in my mind, if you want to be safe use High Pressure lines and inspect them for broken wire braids every six months.

I agree. We just finished assembling and testing AN hydrolic lines at school just before the summer. That shit is tough yo ;)

Back