ssac intercoolers?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tonyls

any info on these they are hella cheap and i was just wondering

probably garbage like the rest of their shit.

have you looked into the johnny race car ic's? they are pretty cheap too and they seem to do well...

One of my friends bought one and tested it and got a loss of .1 psi at 12 psi, Thats pretty damn good if ya ask me. I have installed them on a couple of cars and they have held up great, good mounting tabs and the welds looks pretty strong. For the price i would definelty get one over a JRC one. But that is just my opinion/experience with them and i am sure people will have other views.

pressure loss is one thing....

how well do they cool?

honestly, i would rather run a JRC, but if they are made by a reputable company, then by all means go for.

whats the worse that can happen?

the SSAC intercoolers have been tested and supposedly work good. they are identical to the precision 350HP coolers.

i dont see an issue with them. the only ssac part iwould never eecommend is the manifolds. the wastegates and bovs and shit seem to hold up well.

i am even aware of 3 ssac turbos that have been holding for some time now on a few of my buddies cars.

Quoted post[/post]]
i dont see an issue with them. the only ssac part iwould never eecommend is the manifolds. the wastegates and bovs and shit seem to hold up well.

i am even aware of 3 ssac turbos that have been holding for some time now on a few of my buddies cars.

yeah ive heard some horror stories of SS turbos up here, but a few ppl have been pushin 10 PSI outta them for over a year and they held up. i think has alot more to do with the person and their setup than just the turbo. im sure everyone seen alot of hacked together projects, whos to say they did it all properly. anyways for the intercoolers, i got an X02 racing one for 99 bucks, and it hasnt had any boost pushed through it yet. but as far as fitment it bolted right up to my re-inforcement bar on my Sol. its polished and looks nice and came extremely well packaged. id check them out too. ive bought two pieces off them and they had great customer service! buuuuut like Brian said. its how well they cool, budjet build, why not IMO!

Quoted post[/post]]
i dont see an issue with them..

the bar and plate design ones are just as good practicaly as any brand. i forget where and ill try to locate it, but there was a thread showing the results from like 5 or so IC companies and they were all tested and all tested good. bar and plate is a hard design to screw up.

Quoted post[/post]]

the only ssac part i would never recommend is the manifolds.

they just need bracing. my buddy is putting down over 450 to the wheels in his accord with a ssac manifold. he just has to have his buddy fix all the welds. dont get me wrong, they are pretty shitty, but with extra welds they can support a decent amount of power. more for the budget tuner

the only ssac part i would never recommend is the manifolds.

[/quote]

they just need bracing. my buddy is putting down over 450 to the wheels in his accord with a ssac manifold. he just has to have his buddy fix all the welds. dont get me wrong, they are pretty shitty, but with extra welds they can support a decent amount of power. more for the budget tuner
[/quote]

:werd: yeah just add a brace to the top of the T3 flange and for the other end. use the bolt hole in the front of the block where the stock manifold brackets bolt too! it doesnt flow bad. but when that tubular metal gets that hott and you hang 20 + pounds from it. its gonna bend, straight up. :)

the manifold are bad and the exhaust pipe as well i still have the fmic from ssac and its hold up pretty good just the rest of the crap doesnt work it blows welds bad turbo are the worst so my opinion the intecooler are good for the money

Back