sst or amtel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm looking into chipping my ecu and I was looking on TurboEdit and they showed two different kits, the sst eprom and the amtel eprom, and I was wondering is there a difference besides price? Or is there an advantage in using one over the other? Any help would be great.

thanks

I only ask because I'm doing the mpfi swap and wanted to do a little bit of a tune because I would imagine it would be a little different then an si that the pm6 was meant for

i'd go w/ the SST chip and use Crome to tune

Well if later on down the road a decide to put a turbo on it, granted it's not the best engine to do that with but that way if it blows I'll have more of a reason for a swap..I never liked getting rid of a good engine

either chip is fine. i personally go with amtel, but its not that big of a deal.

as for the crome turbo edit debate; if your car is obd0 stay with turboedit. theres no conceivable reason to upgrade. crome's a better product for sure, but upgrading to obd1 to use it kind of defeats the purpose.

ive never seen amtel chips..all the chips ive seen have been sst..but no you cant use crome on obd0..

Back