stage 1 or stage 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sergey P.A.

what I am asking which setup is better, and cheaper,

skunk2 stage 1 or stage 2, because on stage 1 skunk people say that it will add up to 15 hp. but they don't have any think for stage 2, and stage 2 is bassically a pain in the ass, because you have to upgrade the valve train as well, so can somebody tell me the differences beetween these two, and price diffences too, I have a c1,

so wich one is best bang for the buck,?

Wel, do you have the money, time, and resources to change the vavletrain? If not, then I would assume stage 1 is more for you.

the best bang for the buck depends on what kinda of bang you want and how many bucks you have. on that note, if your not going to upgrade your valvetrain i would say go with CTR or ITR cams for 1/2 the price of the skunks.

does anyone know if the stage 2 will work with an ls vtec with b16 pistons? will the lift be too much?

lsvtec (eric) is running that exact setup. but, you shoudl always clay the motor for clearenences.

lsvtec (eric) is running that exact setup. but, you shoudl always clay the motor for clearenences.

Ya LSVTEC settup is sweet, but he is not running stage 2 cams with it, he said the lift might be 2 much. LSVTEC is my roomate.

Its all good, well its nice to meet you pissedoffsol, eric speaks highly of you, i really like this site alot. really good people on here, i was apart of superhonda.com but everyone was an a-hole, then eric enlightened me and told me about this site.

Yeah, I am running ITR cams and Endyn pistons so I have no idea if the skunk2's will clear the B16 pistons. You will have to clay the motor but as everyone has stated before you should clay the motor anyways.

On a side note, you might want to consider the stage 1 cams because the B16 pistons aren't going to yeild enough compression to really take advantage of the stage 2 cams.

Just chiming here, I run Skunk2 Stage 1s and I have to say they absolutely rock! 100% stock idle, better than ITR cam midrange, and much more top end. Even with 10.5:1 compression, they still managed 190 whp/127 tq in my GSR. Here is the dyno plot.
MyGSR.gif

Its Skunk2 stage 1s, JDM 4-1, 2.5 header back exhaust, ported IM, custom ECU(my map, chipped myself), portflow inner/ITR outer springs, ported head and milled .020 with a head gasket. The cams absolutely rock in a mild setup like this.

i ran the stage1's in my b16 as well. regular bolt ons and tuned with a vafc.
s3e88eb420e1bb.jpg

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Mar 3 2004, 09:26 PM
can you use ITR springs with stage1

that is what my setup was.
try not to rev past 8500 though :)

Back