1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stage 4 Clutch? Need Advice

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Baker, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Baker

Baker Senior Member

when I did my swap I picked up a clutchmaster stage 4 clutch cheap so I threw it in figuring it would be good when I turbo charged my car. I can shift smoothly (though my syncros are somewhat bad) but off the line is always a bit rough. I replaced all my motor mounts in january and now one is torn again. I haven't had a chance to inspect and see which it is but I get a knocking noise off the line, excess wheel hop, and odd types of shaking when the car is winding down so I assume its my mounts again. Do you guys think its the clutch and would I be better off blowing money replacing the clutch with an ITR clutch or spending money on racing mounts?

2. Domeskilla

Domeskilla Senior Member

Racing clutches enguage harsher and more brisk. So yes, its the clutch grabbing so aggressively. Surprised you haven't trashed a tranny. Those are generally what would go. You can rev to 5k on a stock clutch and dump and have no problems, get a racing clutch and 5k will kill those stock axles.. why? b/c of how hard it engauges. :)

3. Baker

Baker Senior Member

yeah my trans is going, this shit is the lat thing i want to be blowing money on but its honestly the first thing I shout be fixing

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted