Stage 4 Clutch? Need Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Baker

when I did my swap I picked up a clutchmaster stage 4 clutch cheap so I threw it in figuring it would be good when I turbo charged my car. I can shift smoothly (though my syncros are somewhat bad) but off the line is always a bit rough. I replaced all my motor mounts in january and now one is torn again. I haven't had a chance to inspect and see which it is but I get a knocking noise off the line, excess wheel hop, and odd types of shaking when the car is winding down so I assume its my mounts again. Do you guys think its the clutch and would I be better off blowing money replacing the clutch with an ITR clutch or spending money on racing mounts?

Racing clutches enguage harsher and more brisk. So yes, its the clutch grabbing so aggressively. Surprised you haven't trashed a tranny. Those are generally what would go. You can rev to 5k on a stock clutch and dump and have no problems, get a racing clutch and 5k will kill those stock axles.. why? b/c of how hard it engauges. :)

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Mar 20 2003, 01:07 AM
Racing clutches enguage harsher and more brisk. So yes, its the clutch grabbing so aggressively. Surprised you haven't trashed a tranny. Those are generally what would go. You can rev to 5k on a stock clutch and dump and have no problems, get a racing clutch and 5k will kill those stock axles.. why? b/c of how hard it engauges. :)

yeah my trans is going, this shit is the lat thing i want to be blowing money on but its honestly the first thing I shout be fixing

Back