stainless braided lines

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i was looking to switch my stock lines on my 95 lude for a set of stainless braided lines how much improvement will it make is it worth the work and about 60 bucks thank you

it will be more then $60's if you go with a good brand. Do not go with a cheap brand when it comes to brake lines. Go with Goodrich lines or better. As for are they worth it, you will see an increase in pedal feel. Pretty much you'll have a stiffer pedal feel, and also, your breaks will start to activate a little bit sooner. Are they worth it? I dont think so. Really, rubber lines deliver pretty much the exact same pressure to the pistons.

S.S. lines dont increase pressure, only the feel because the reduce the line flexing that the rubber lines undergo with the extreme pressures. little or no flex bring better feel and quicker brake response. i feel that they are worth it because that is what im running, but that is because i have a big brake kit.

SS brake lines will help if your brake pedal feels 'mushy'. One cause of such mushiness is air in your brake lines. Bleed your brake system first and then decide if you still need SS lines.

Back