Stand Alone Engine Management

Whats the best Stand Alone?

• Hondata Stage 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZDYNE Gold Super

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

timEspeed

I'm in the market for a new computer. Whats the best stand alone in terms of cost, quality, functions, and user-friendlyness :) ?
thanx for the input.

I really dont know much about after market ecu's, but if i was to take a pick it would be hondata. It's very well known, from what their web site says all the "big boys" are using them and besides the price being on the high end it looks like they cover everything as far as ecu tuning. AEM IMO only makes good intakes thats it. I wouldnt trust them with my ecu. The other company i havent heard of and dont care to find out anything from them. I would say HONDATA all the way. Whats your set up? just my two cents

most people on here will tell you to run a Hondata! Yes they are good. I am not denying it. I personally am going to run the Greddy E-Manage! With a Greddy Profec-E01!

Dude, you forgot the Apexi Power FC. That's what I'm gonna get. It's a good stand alone ECU. I'm gonna get my car dyno-tuned by an Apexi Power Excel shop. It isn't cheap though. It costs about $1,500 for the ecu and dyno-tuning. A lot of people on this site loves Hondata so I think they're being biased. Hondata isn't the only good brand out there but they are good from what I've heard. Do whatever you want, but I highly recommend getting your car dyno-tuned when you get the ecu especially if your car has turbo.

i own hondata... and i just told him to get aem lol

i'm the biggest hondata whore .. but he said "standalone" not piggy back

hondata is a standalone that uses the factory ECU. It's not a piggy back. the def. of a piggy back is something that gets in the way and feeds the ECU a flase signal. Hondata works the other way- the sensor goes to the ecu, and then out to the hondata.

NOTHING will ever start your car like the oem ecu will.

1000's pf people have problems with the aem ems. its just too advanced for its own good, and in my opinion, not designed for a street car. At that point, i'd go to speed pro anyway

and FYI

stage 4 is out of date by about a year now. s200 has replaced it.

I gotta '91 civic DX, they don't make s200 for my car, you gotta go with the old staging system.
And BTW, forget the standalone/piggyback argument, Think "aftermerket ECU"

it all depends on what ur tuner is capable of using. one system might be good for one tuner but not for another. the more important question is who can tune your car the best, then get what they recommend.

hondata is not a standalone.. basically all they do is give you the program to flash your own chips... so basically you are making customized "chips" instead of just getting a stupid "mugen" clone or a "spoon" clone

Back