standard to Si tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racintweek

i dont know if this is the right forum for this but here it goes

if i put a 90 crx Si trans in my 91 civic standard can i use the standards axles

are the ends of the axles that go to the tranny the same for both types of axles? i know the outer part of the axle that goes to the hub is larger on the Si but are the inner joints the same size?

thanks

is there a big performance gain in switching to the si trans? I know I don't car for the 4 speed much.

Originally posted by brentb@Nov 24 2004, 10:43 PM
is there a big performance gain in switching to the si trans? I know I don't car for the 4 speed much.
[post=421966]Quoted post[/post]​

also what engine will bolt to the si trans at a later date? Will an ls motor bolt up.

Originally posted by brentb+Nov 24 2004, 09:02 PM-->
@Nov 24 2004, 10:43 PM
[post=421966]Quoted post[/post]​

also what engine will bolt to the si trans at a later date? Will an ls motor bolt up.
[post=421971]Quoted post[/post]​

yes the si gives some noticable diffrence and an ls will not bolt up it is a b series
only d will bolt up

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 25 2004, 11:19 AM
I dont think the standard axles will work with the Si. But, hey its you under the car not me.
[post=422086]Quoted post[/post]​

Great info thanks. I know nothing about hondas or any foreign car for that matter:D So if I want to change engines at a later date I could swap to a b16a with no problems and still use the si trans? I think I have a d15** in here now (stock 90 modle with a 4 speed trans.)

And to further sound like an idiot, if I do swap the trans can I still use the clutch that is in the 4 speed now? Since it is new (Guy I bought the car from was building it for his wife to drive,so he rebuilt the engine,new clutch and new radiator, don't ask me why he didn't swap to a better engine!) I hate to waste a good clutch. Since I will be wasting a good engine soon also! One more question I know he ported the head on this car also since I helped him a little with it. However the car still feels weak and I think it is because of the fact that it only has 2 fuel injectors. What all is needed to swap to the mpfi intake and what intake should I get? I doubt there is a ton of power for most people in doing this swap but I think it would really help this engine with its ported head.
I would just do the swap to a b16a right now but all my cash is going for my 408 ls1 I building for my Camaro right now. Thanks in advance.

BTW I heard I have to change axles to go with the si trans. But someone told me only in the earlier version cars 88 and prior. Does anyone know if the is true?

First off, the B16 is also a B-series engine. The D15 is a D-series engine and the two are not campadible in terms of parts, including transmissions. The LS, GRS or Type R engines are all B-Series engines, so none of them will work with the Si trans.

Secondly, I would wait to do the dpfi - mpfi swap until you switch to the B-series engine if you choose to do so. This will save you from having to buy more Si or Hf parts (manifold and such).

I am not sure if the clutch is the same, but I think it is. But again you should set your ulitmate goal for the car and then focus on that so that you do not keep re-buying parts.

good luck

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 29 2004, 06:27 PM
Holy fuck hell I didnt realize it was from May... damn.
[post=423776]Quoted post[/post]​

I brought it up by using the search feature..... I would have been asshole to start a whole new thread without searching the old ones right?

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 29 2004, 08:00 PM
i was just stating the obvious.
[post=423842]Quoted post[/post]​

no harm no foul :)

Back