Standard vs. Dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gixxerguy02

What is the difference between a 91 civic dx and a standard? I ask because I have a standard I found out, and I am replacing the main wiring harness (not just the engine harness) with a 91 dx harness. Will it work or do I have to get one out of a standard?

I don't know much about EF's but I do know the STD has a 4 speed and the DX has a 5 speed, I think the DX has MPfI and the STD has DPfI. Do not hold me to any of these statements, I'm just trying to think off the top of my head.

So bump

If its like a civic or crx, the std came with a 4 speed manual, the dx came with a automatic tranny. Both being dpfi (dual port fuel injection). My crx was a dx that I needed to rewire for my engine swap. So I believe the wire harness are the same. If you are doing a motor swap with a new tranny the axels are also different on the std. Easy way to tell if the motor is dpfi is to look at the intake, it should have a kinda round big black cover on it that says pgmfi or something on it.

Everything for my b16a swap is basically installed already, my problem is that my buddy who I got the car from did not know what he was doing and he cut the main wiring harness in half. So I traded him my street bike for it and now I am just trying to replace the entire harness.

Both the STD and the DX are dpfi, the std is a 4sp and the dx comes in 5sp or auto. The si and ex 4dr are the only EF Civics with MPFI

Originally posted by redline1219@Sep 15 2004, 10:11 PM
Both the STD and the DX are dpfi, the std is a 4sp and the dx comes in 5sp or auto. The si and ex 4dr are the only EF Civics with MPFI
[post=390856]Quoted post[/post]​

but you forget the crx hf. it has multi point as well

Back