Star Search

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

OK so I'm trying to figure out what I want now that the ricebucket's gone.

I don't really want to spend more than 3k or so, but for the right car I'd spend 4-4500.

I'm following a few criteria on my searching...

Has to be an import (because I don't want it breaking in 2 months *coughgeneralmotorscough*).

Preferably a full-size sedan. Not full-size as in Accord. I'm talking Lexus LS400/BMW 7-series size.

RWD would be great. I'd prefer something larger than a 4-banger too.

That said, I began my search. I really like the designs of the early '90s full-size sedans, so I started with '90-'95 Lexus LS400s. After falling off my chair laughing at the 170k mile cars for 4k I decided maybe I'd look at the Infiniti Q45. I like the styling, they look good lowered with wheels, and the V8 is nice. RWD and limited slip? Sure! So I go about looking. Finding them with anywhere from 100k to 150k miles in the neighborhood of 3k. Not too dang bad. So I'm going up to Portland to look at a few this weekend.

Does anyone here have any experience with the Q45? The only bad things I've read on consumer reports is they came with iffy brake pads and the Bose system has a tendency to take a shit (big surprise).

If anyone has any input or recommendations, please post up!

q45's are nice.

PIGS on gas though. like seriously, if you were paying 20/wk in the civic, expect 60-70/wk in the q45.

the maf's are nice... s13 guys want' em for the sr20s.
same goes for the brake system...

so theres still potential for theft from the tards.

Yeah, I thought about that. Fortunately where I live there's not a lot of car thefts. I figured they'd be bad on gas. And Yeah, I paid 20-25 a week to fuel the civic.

I found out today that I can pick up a '91 DX hatch for under 2k. old lady's car. Jackass kid (current owner) somehow fit a '93 front bumper on it so it looks like ass but I know where another bumper is... ZC swap? If it's cheap enough and I can't find a nice Q45 then I think I might be going with an EF hatchie...

That's pretty damn good here B. Don't knock it till you look. Hondas are fuckin money over here. It's insane. I can't find an EG on autotrader for less than 4k unless it's got 150k or more miles.

Back